A Quiet Sunday

We were out last night for a belated birthday meal for OH with friends.  The food was extremely delicious and the venue the Cholmeley Arms at Burton Le Coggles was modern olde worlde and we had a lovely evening.  The ladies started off with a chicken pate starter followed by fish and chips and then a lemon posset pudding. The gentleman started off with whitebait; my partner then had roast belly pork for mains.  He did not want a pudding and then my friend's husband opted for sausages and bubble and squeak followed by banoffee pavlova. The food was certainly delicious and we would hope to go there again in the future.  As they are such a popular venue you do sometimes have to book well in advance to ensure that you get a table.  If you would like a peek here is the link:

The bonus for me was that they had a lovely large roaring fire in the bar area of the pub.  It was lovely.  I do miss having access to a proper log fire or a log burner.  One day I hope.

We were absolutely stuffed and afterwards went back to our friends home for a coffee and another catch up.  It was really bitter and windy last night and after being in cozy warmth all evening it was a bit of a shock to come out into the cold.

OH and I also managed to get a lay in this morning for a change.  I had planned on doing a cooked breakfast but in the end we opted for a cheese sarnie, bearing in mind that I was cooking Italian Sausage with roasted veggies for tea which was delicious.

So it has out of necessity been a quiet day where I have been pottering trying to do things in the house and as Sunday is in particular OHs ony real day off he just did his own thing also.

Jut have to get his clothes ironed for tomorrow and then will be set to face the coming week ahead.  Now that we are in to March lets see what it brings in.  Still have loads to do.

On the crafting front I have now worked 20 squares of the white and turquoise blanket.  There is still a lot to do.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. We’ve been to the Cholmeley Arms too. It’s a special place, the food is super and the people are nice too. I’m fed up with the cold and wet (so are my joints) and I bet you are too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeannie, it was lovely we intend to go back again. It was a bitterly cold night and they had the log fire in the bar was brilliant. Our friend goes clay pigeon shooting and the group he shoots with goes there on a regular basis. I am fed up with the cold, the damp and the wet. Mostly the lack of sunshine. It has been dark even though it has not been the coldest winter on record yet. The dampest yes. You take care too Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts