Feeling Grateful for Today

I went out with a friend to an event, and when we got there it had been cancelled.  Bearing in mind no coffee shops were open we decided to go for a walk in the open parkland and gardens of Thorpe Hall in Peterborough.  It was a lovely way to spend some quality time with a good friend.  Something we shall be doing again.  It was lovely to be in the fresh air, blew the cobwebs away a bit.  Although the sun has been shining, it has been a very cold day.

I did not sleep well as our Jack Russell Missy would not settle last night and was very restless. Every time I was just starting to fall asleep she moaned (usually this is because she is cold and wants covering again), but we could not get to the bottom of things with her last night.

I was up at 6:00am as I needed to find the lead for my sewing machine, and also all my sewing stuff.  This meant going into the front room and tackling some of the boxes and bags in there.  I was extremely pleased to find this, together with my sewing box.

I then had to find my walking foot for my sewing machine which was upstairs in the craft room.  I found that as well.  So a couple of achievements which I was very pleased to have realised.  Something went right for a change. Yippee!  Now to keep it all together so that I can set too with the patchwork and the rest of the sewing I have planned in due course.

OH had arranged to go to my step-son's for 8:45am this morning in order to pick up his shopping list.  Precautions were taken and OH came home with the shopping list in readiness for me to go over to the shop for 9:00am when the shop normally opens.  This morning they were late.  I told them I was out for 9:45am and they asked me to come back for 9:30am, which I subsequently did and managed to cover all the items that they were after, not that they were after much.  OH then went to walk Missy, and then drop off the veggies to my step-son and his wife.  My friend was slightly delayed by traffic, but it all worked out in the end.  We nipped to Waitrose as she needed a couple of things and there were less people in there as well and more on the shelves.  Still no flour and hardly any eggs, but there was more on the shelves compared to the past two days.

I have not done much shopping today; there was no need to.  The only things I needed were some bread flour, and some eggs.  I managed to acquire both and am now set up for the rest of the week.  One bag of flour, which I managed to get will potentially make three loaves, so I am highly chuffed about this.  I am happy to have a go at making stuff myself especially if I cannot source what I have been after.  Something simple, but a staple that we rely on. I must admit to a sigh of relief on this, as I had been looking for this for the week.  Am now content about this.  The only thing I might need to go looking for is some milk.  Otherwise I am very grateful for what I have and that we have meals in place for the next week.

I wold also like to report that the shops had a little more in them today; still depleted, but there were things available.  There were not the crowds out like there have been either.  Hopefully people will start to be sensible now, and let the shops get back to a semblance of normality.

Things are serious, I know that, but amplifying problems further than they needed to be has been a mass reaction and made things more difficult than they need to have been. As a result of that panic buying, it has made me think more seriously about the items I will re-stock my pantry with in the next few weeks.  I need to keep in-house some of the smaller bits and bobs which are very useful in baking etc. which I don't always keep in-house.  Food for thought as the saying goes.

Unfortunately, because of the restless night with Missy, when I came home this afternoon, I sat down to have something to eat (some fresh bread and chocolate spread), had a drink.  I put my feet up for a few minutes as they were hurting me the next I knew it was 5:00pm. I crashed out. OH had left me to sleep.  So tomorrow, without fail the Study/Computer/Craft room will need to be sorted and organised so that OH can commence work on Monday.  I can then start to tackle the Pantry.

I am content with very small things today, but the realisation of what I have and which gives a sense of security has been driven home even more than it had been before.  Difficult times, but need to put the long legged wellies on and wade through whatever issues there are.  I am one of the lucky ones for now and I am very grateful for that also.

Keep safe, and take care.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Glad you got the things you needed for yourself and family. Worried about you going out to an "event" though - glad it was cancelled. We need to be away from other folks as much as possible at the moment. Keep safe Tricia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust that you and OH are ok Tricia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rowan yes at the moment both safe and okay. Only going out for essential items when run out (have been housebound for last three days) so am being sensible. I also hope you and yours are also keeping safe. Take care sweetheart Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts