Perhaps I am being a little anal but....

How many toilet rolls can you use at a time!  



I had to nip to the shop last night (they only let me out at night when the bats come out to play)!  I needed a couple of tins of cat food for the moggies for their supper.



I was surprised just how clear the shelves were and was talking to one of the assistants.  I asked her how she was as I know her and the others in there relatively well.  The young assistant indicated that it had been extremely stressful.   As fast as stock was coming in it was being cleared and then other customers had been going in and playing hell and blaming the assistants.  She indicated that apparently it has not helped either because they have put a limit of three items of one particular thing and the customers are even more disgruntled because they cannot have what they want.  Now how selfish is that.  This is an effort to make sure that everyone gets a fair share.  The shop has even offered to the regular OAPs who cannot get around so easily to deliver the items to them.  I mentioned people who did not have the money until their benefit day or indeed their pay day, people on lower incomes and she said yes precisely, they need a fair share too.

I made a remark about toilet rolls indicating that if they ran out that there were other options available - like newspaper, or washing themselves! They managed in the First and Second World Wars, so I am pretty sure that our pampered generations can make do too.  Just because something is not there does not mean that there are no options available.  There are and plenty of them sometimes you just have to look for them.

I think I cheered her up as she laughed her head off by the time I had finished with her.  Maybe they should bring the crinkly crunch stuff back that they used to use in public toilets when I was a little girl rather than the softest this or that.  Being clean is the important part here not histrionics over the lack of loo paper.


Situations like this bring out the best and worst in people.  We are all in the same boat whether we like it or not.  Pulling together and being practical is the important part and helping those in need.  That was what everyone did during the First and Second World Wars, and I don't see why anyone else is anymore special than the person beside us.   We all count.

I and my partner because of our medical conditions are high risk in any event. It is what it is. I don't go out much these days and am of the view that if I am unlucky enough to be affected, we will deal with that there and then, by natural methods if need be.  We will deal with it if and when it happens, and will be sensible in the meantime.  One day at a time.

Be kind and considerate of each other, especially those older members of our communities.  They still have much to teach us.  Hard times bring harsh lessons, we have to draw in the belt and deal with what is.  Situations  like this bring lots of  experience and teach us lessons, techniques and ways of dealing with things.  Many of which we don't wish on people or don't want to learn and go through by choice.  in going through it though, it makes you a stronger person.

Be safe, be sensible and kind and help where you can.

Pattypan

xx


Comments

  1. You all be safe too. It's a little crazy out there. But like all things, this to shall pass.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts