Topsy Turvy

Whilst the rest of the world is topsy turvy with this dreadful virus I have been working through another segment of my boxes trying to regain control and knowing what I have where.

I have sorted through about 12 boxes today, sorting and re-packing and adding in extra things where I can.  The labels are helping enormously in this respect.  Every time I go to sort something, something else falls over (it was a bag of knitting needles earlier on) and I still have a large tin of ribbons and braids to sort out - that fell over yesterday.  This needs a little patience to say the least.   The boxes I have sorted were starting to collapse and were getting very unsteady so that is a job well done, but there is still plenty to go.  

I have found a box of finished needlepoint that I have decanted into a box marked up to be finished.  A lot of it is vintage, not pieces I have worked but which will either be made into cushion panels or indeed for the wall. This will be easier in the long run as when I am able to sit at the sewing machine, it will be easier to just crack on with the sewing item to item and there is still room to add to this box.

I also found a ring of flowers needlepoint panel, together with the instructions.  It is pretty, but I am not keen on the backing colour which is a deep beige.  It shows the flowers off well, but for my own taste I think it requires a very deep bottle green to make it stand out.  It would make some lovely dining room chair seat covers. Now that would be a project.

Yesterday, I found a large basket full of patchwork cotton, predominantly in pinks, which will go towards my hand sewn Hexie quilt.  That must be put into gear soon otherwise I never will get it off the ground.  I have hand worked about 12 pieces so far.  I will eventually decant the Hexie quilt and fabrics all into one box.  There were also some in blues, which will eventually be put with a load of pretty different blue fabrics which had also been ear-marked for a patchwork.  I will get there eventually, once I am better organised.

I also found a couple of yellow check pieces which are an ideal size for making a couple of Cafetiere covers.  I have two small ones so this may well be a very quick easy project that I could do quickly.

Also located yesterday was my vintage embroidery frame which is made of wood and which screws onto the edge of a table.  Once I get a freestanding craft lamp /magnifier I should be able to get on a bit more with some of the embroidery projects, some of the new ones but especially the vintage ones.  However, as I have said before, I want to practice on some of the newer projects before graduating to the vintage pieces.  The work on some of these is incredibly beautiful and I do not want to ruin them.  I really want to do them justice.

I have also found a deep box with curtains, bedding and quilts and cushions in, as well as some new embroidery projects for cushions and pillowcases I found sometime back.  I am trying to make the most of the time I have and am plugging along and slowly getting rid of the rubbish and getting things sorted so that is an advance in itself.  There will in due course be another box for the charity shop.  I am trying to make sense of the back bedroom which is the main storage room and where the boxes keep sliding.

I also found my two Easter boxes.  There are Goose egg cups and also Duck Egg cups, together with some Hare and Rabbit ornaments.  I have also found two wreaths for the table, a tablecloth that will be ideal to use at Easter and also a tray cloth which could be used as a table centre.  I do have some Easter china somewhere.  I have also found a knitting pattern for a tea cosy with matching egg cosies.  It is nothing fancy, and is something that will probably not get made this year, but if I can get it ready for next Easter I will do. I fancy cream and lemon or green a lemon for the set.

Fortunately I found everything for my main sewing machine last weekend.  Once I am totally clear I should then be able to set too.  I also found loads of patchwork fabrics and jelly rolls.  I am very lucky in that I have lots to keep me occupied i.e. main projects.  In many respects it will be the little things that I will have to buy to finish them off, but I will get there eventually.  I have too many nice things not too.

Right had better get back to what I was doing.  Just taking advantage of being able to get on the computer.

Keep safe

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts