More Hard Work - Still Loads to do

I was late getting into the garden today and by the time that I did it was really hot. However, I got stuck in despite it being very hot and attacked the Ivy again.  I was going to leave the greenhouse alone, but as I have been working along I found it was going to be much  more practical to cut the vines as I went.  Some of them have been extremely thick and it is going to be a matter of removing them bit by bit.  If I don't do down the side of the greenhouse, they will only grow back so I am chopping the Ivy and trying to dig it out as I go.  Some is coming out but I suspect that I will have to water the area when I am ready to actually dig the roots out.   I have got about half way along the greenhouse.  It is going to take a bit longer to get this clear.  I did say it was a bit of a jungle.








Needless to say the Ivy has broken some of the glass panes to the greenhouse and as I was cutting some of the vines off the roof, I was slightly concerned in case I added to the number.  I now have five bags of chopped up Ivy leaves and branches thugs that they are and my hands and and back now hurt from all the effort.  Some of my muscle spray will have to go on to help ease things a bit.  I am getting to grips with the loppers though.  For chopping up I would prefer secateurs.  I still have a big pile of chopping down to do before I start lopping anymore off.  I do bite off more than I can chew sometimes but at least doing it this way is doing it properly and hopefully will limit any future problems with the Ivy re-growing.  Hopefully will get out earlier tomorrow.  Have only just got into the house as did not realise the time.  

OH is not aware of what I have been up to.  Perhaps that is not too bad a thing.  If I need his help I will collar him, but for the best part I do tackle things myself where I can.  He has health issues which do impact a little but some things he is better equipped to deal with than I am.  

He has been trying to work from home.  On Tuesday they were given new computers and since then he has been having problems logging on. He has been pulling his hair out as there has been a lot of work that he has needed to do but he has just not been able to deal with this.  Part of his work involves contacting customers and as he did not have the phone connection via his computer (It is a computer programme not an actual phone) he has not been able to achieve a vital part of his job.  I have been trying to keep him calm as he was getting extremely agitated.

Whilst I was working away, again I had my Robin friend join me and he was with me for quite some time.  Only about a foot away. Very pretty and curious as well.






I am happy to report that my Butternut Squash are through and I have a couple of Courgettes starting to come through as well.  Looks as though they are just going to be late on parade.

I do not think that there will be many more seeds pop through just yet as I only planted up the other day.  However the root cuttings of the different herbs I took at the moment look quite strong as though they have taken. We shall wait and see what happens here.

After tea, home cooked beef-burgers and onions, I went out into the garden again.  I had trimmed quite a lot of Ivy from the greenhouse and in the front of it. It now has to be cut up and packaged into bin liners to remove it and so that in due course it can be taken down to the tip.

Back to the grind tomorrow it will be a job well done and out the way with all for taking that little bit extra time to do it properly.  I am getting a good work out though.  

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Ivy is such a nuisance and so hard to get out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making good progress. We have ivy draping itself over walls, so it's a work in progress to cut it back, but it could be worse. Grass growing where it isn't meant to is worse!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts