How to lose three Cheese Graters - Just Like that!

Wednesday

It has been a wet and miserable day here in Peterborough and yet again I have not been up to much and have not done what I intended to do.   No energy again.

I have however have managed to lose three cheese graters.  I had seen them the other day could I find them nope.  The reason for three cheese graters is that one was my Mum's original one that she used when I was a little girl so sentimental reasons for keeping that one; then there was my box grater and a small Triangular one.  Me and my short term memory.  I needed this for tea tonight - we had Lasagna and I needed to put grated cheese on the top.  Ended up slicing as could not locate any of the graters.  It turned out okay.  Quickly followed by Cherry pie and vanilla custard.

Now look folks I actually cheated.  We bought a ready made Lasagna from the Butchers to try and whilst it was full of meat and cheese and tomato after a few mouthfuls it tasted really sweet.  I know some people add a little sugar to sweeten up tomatoes when cooking but this is something we do not do as OH is type 2 Diabetes.  It is a shame really as if it had been to our palate would have bought again.  We also had a small Cherry pie between us with homemade custard.  Yet again pie was far too sweet.  I think I will be making my own again from now on in as at least that way I can use either a supplement or the minimum amount of sugar.  However, it was a useful exercise and experiment.

Thursday

Wet and horrible again; seized up with the damp and so have rested. Hate doing this but needs must.  I have found that if I do not rest up it makes me far worse. Managed to get to the plants and they are coming on superbly now just need to get back into the garden again.

Tonight's tea has been a Plaice each which were bought from the fish man.  Their flavour was delicate and delicious.  We had it simply fried with a little Tartare sauce.  They were large but very, very tasty. Normally I do not like boughten frozen fish, but freezing and packing it myself seems to have made a difference.  Fish is important in the diet and according to the experts people suffering from auto immune conditions of any kind need to have fish regularly on the grounds that it is full of Omega 3 and it does not take their systems forever to process the foods you have eaten and so therefore less impact on your system. We are not going to the fish man or the Butchers this week.  I have some Smoked  Haddock, Dover Sole,  and Halibut still in the freezer and there is lots of meat.  In any event, we have some other projects to deal with which will be determined by the weather - fingers crossed. 

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts