Saturday update and crabs

For the past nine weeks or so, OH has taken me on a shopping trip to get fresh fish.  He did not mention anything about going today though so I assumed he did not want to go.  It was only when we got up a little later and were just generally chit-chatting that he had assumed I did not want to go.  Despite being late we decided to go over to see if we could get anything and I managed to get a piece of natural smoked haddock for me, some Tuna for OH, some Crevettes and some crayfish.  They had sold out of dressed crab but they still had a couple of whole crab and he cracked the top off both and then left me to dress them.  Never done it before, but hey ho cannot be that complicated can it?

After the fish van we nipped to the bakery and then OH took us to do some window shopping on some items he is interested in buying.  So we went and had a look but this has raised more questions and potentially raises other questions which are going to have to be discussed thoroughly.

We then came back home and we had our cooked main dinner OH Tuna steak with me having the smoked haddock cooked in  milk and butter with a couple of poached eggs and bread and butter.  Went down a treat.

Later on we decided to have the crab.  Did not do too bad a job considering never done them before even got the leg meat out.  Shall not be too daunted to do them again.  Bit fiddly but they were lovely.








We finished off tea with a bowl of Strawberries and cream.  All in all it went down very nicely.

I hope I am able to get in the garden tomorrow to do a bit more sorting although I know we have to go out for a while tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

X

Comments

Popular Posts