Wild Strawberries

Are starting to fruit in what was my herb garden.  I bought the plants off of Ebay last year and since then they have made themselves very much at home.  The fruits are weeny and so as not to waste them I have decided to freeze them in ice cubes to serve in drinks as I do not think for one moment that this year there will be enough to make any form of preserve.  Maybe an alcohol infusion - may be not but I thought that if I put some of the leaves in with perhaps some mint at least then it is making the best of something small.





from the photos above you will just start to see a flash of crimson in amongst the greenery as well as the promise of flowers and fruit yet to come.

I am amazed that the plants pulled through as quite a few were lost because of the dry conditions.  However I am encouraging them to spread their wings so that I can increase the stock.  Will have to see how things go, but I have some plans to put some in some tubs as well.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I throw a handful or three in every batch of strawberry jam that I make, it gives an extra layer of aroma and flavour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, I hadn't thought of that. Thank you. I Hope you are feeling a lot more comfortable after doing too much in the week and that you, Francesca and Michael are keeping safe. Hope Michael is soon a lot better too. Major hugs. TRicia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts