Busy Doing Nuthin!

Well maybe not doing Nuthin, but lots and lots of things.  I started a further purge of the rubbish today.  There is a corner in the dining room that has been getting on my nerves and so I set about that.  Was up at 8:00am OH was flat out so left him too it and started sorting another load of boxes, washing and cleaning everything as I have gone along. Washing everything slows things down but it needed doing. 

Although the house is now currently a mess and a state of chaos,  as things tend to get sprawled out a bit, with me putting stuff back where it belongs or its relevant room.  I did not manage to complete the corner but am about half way there.  I am starting to notice a difference spatially as a result which is quite frightening as it would appear that I am starting to get organised!  Now that is frightening.

I will not be able to get back in there tomorrow as we take possession of the caravan and have to sort that out ready for a holiday.  Have all the stuff purchased so far to take down as well and the gas, water, and a whole host of other things will also be bought tomorrow. I shall be pleased to get those items out of the house. We have taken the view that we might as well get it as we want it and then will be sorted and we can then concentrate on other matters.  

The tow bar was fitted today.  It is a removable one and OH is pleased with it.  The chap has done a good job.

I have some more stuff to prep for the freezer tomorrow as well which will provide a useful stock of veggies to go to as needed.  I also have my veggies to make this year's batch of Pam Corbin's Souper Mix stock  That may get made tomorrow evening.  I also have some Tarragon Butter to make.

I also managed to pick up four tins of plum tomatoes for 25p a tin, so that will form the basis of my new pantry stock in respect of tinned goods.  I do need to go to B & M though and have a look as to what is available there.

Wednesday though will be back in the dining room.  It must be done  concerted all out effort.  Then can concentrate on the next room.  I also need to sort out all the crockery under the dressers as well.  Really the dressers need stripping, sanding and re-varnishing.  I have had them 40+ years and they have been in constant use.  Will see how things go.

I received a lovely little gift from a neighbour who has been growing Lavender in her garden which she was cutting this morning.  That cheered me up no end.

Right better start pottering to get ready for tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts