Wonderful Afternoon Walk

 OH took me out for breakfast to our local Cafe where he had a full English and I had my usual sausage bun with copious amounts of tea.  It made a lovely change.

He then took me to Willowbrook Farm Butchery which is just up the road from where we live just outside of Helpston.  Missy was left in the car and she did not like it.  Would not stop barking so in the end OH came out of the Butchers and I went in and he babysat the dog

We had initially gone there for some Gammon steaks for tea to be served with pineapple. However I also came away with three Barnsley steaks, some pigs liver and a couple of jars of chutney.  One is a regular buy Onion Relish which I use in home made sausage rolls as well as with a cheese board.  The other is referred to as "cheeseboard chutney".  So will give it a whirl and if we like it I might look for a similar recipe.

From there it was walkies time for Missy.  We went down to Castor Backwater, but this time followed the river path.  We had not been down this walk before and it was a proper old fashioned hedgerow with lots to offer.  Might go back and avail myself of some of the offerings, but if not it will be a new foraging route to go to.  It has been a balmy hot and sunny afternoon.  We peered into the river on the way back and there are lots and lots of little fish there.  We took Missy to get a drink down by the side of the river and she ended up going in for a paddle.  

On the way back we saw some wildling trees heavilly laden with apples suh a glorious display.  I am hoping OH will take me back so that I can have a forage.

Today Missy has walked the furthest she has for ages.  I think maybe it was a little too much.  She has now collapsed  on thje bed, snug and warm fast asleep.  It was good to see her enjoying herself however I think the expectation was that we were supposed to go in the water with her! Honestlyshe is worse than a child at times.  Everyday we have play time with either a squeaky ball or bone.  OH is not the chosen playmate I am every time.  Possibly because I have a rough house with her, tease her and really play with her.  Sometimes I am not up to it though and she growls and moans at you and chucks her bone at you - she does not take no for an answer.  Wonderful little dog always makes you smile.

Well for the last day of Summer, it has been a wonderful day weatherwise and a lovely wander.  It is so peaceful down by the river. I did not really want to come back but needs must and all that.

We had the gammon and pineapple for tea and it was lovely.  Since then I have done a bit of cleaning and in particular two pairs of boots that were getting a bit grubby round the edges with carpet cleaner. Fingers crossed it will work as both pairs of ankle boots are needed for our holiday.  They are outside drying as even though it it dark it is still very mild here.

I still think we are in for a bit of a hard winter.  There are no end of berries in the bushes as well as being tons of berries on the holly tree in the front garden.  Only one set have turned red at the moment but the others are fast behind

I am turfing stuff out at home again and trying to find stuff.  Think it might be a late night.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I hope you're not right about the hard winter, but even I have noticed how many berries there are around. Even the rose hips seem more abundant - we live by the sea and on the front there are huge stands of white and pink roses which have produced a bumper crop of succulent red hips this year. They make for lovely autumn colour.
    I have never heard of using carpet cleaner on boots - are they the leather kind or material? I have plenty of carpet cleaner so I might give it a go and see how it works out. Do you apply it neat or diluted?
    The last day of summer was lovely here too, but the first day of autumn looks like being even better, with temps in the mid 20s. Have a good clear out;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts