An extension

Today we have had sunshine and rain; predominantly sunshine but later on in the day the rain again. We have stayed at the van as we had assumed that this would be our last day here and have walked through the village and down the riverbank. I really like it here - it suits me.

We have heard the sound of gunshots again throughout the day over the valley so no doubt a shoot going on whilst I have been doing chores in the van and whilst I have been cooking. The chores consisted of housework - you can never quite get away from this.  

OH and I got to talking and as we had lost some days to the bad weather and as I had not achieved what I had wanted to do as the main purpose of this holiday i.e. go to Glastonbury to the Chalice Well and partake of the healing waters.  OH proposed that we stay a few days extra.  He left the decision to me about this. 

The spiritual part of me wanted to stay but the practical side of me was conscious of some real life responsibilities that we have to do deal with as well, so the jury was out and left with me as to whether we stayed or whether we left tomorrow.  This was further hampered and not as straightforward as we had to check out whether the caravan site had room for us and indeed if the cats could extend their stay at their hotel!  

In the first instance we went to see Tonya to see if they could accommodate us.  She thought that this was more than possible however there was a distinct possibility that we would need to shift pitch due to an existing booking.  We do not mind this, and she is going to let us know tomorrow whether or not we have to move.  This is not a big deal and easily achievable.

On the way back to the van, we bumped into an electrician who was doing some work on the site and OH got him to check out the caravan.  At the beginning of our last holiday to Woodhall Spa we had encountered difficulties with the electrics to the van and we had to buy a new connection for the tow bar even though it had only just been done.  OH ended up having to rewire this plug with the aid of a diagram. However, he is an Engineer not an Electrician.  As it was done in a hurry he was not sure whether he had interpreted it correctly and has not been happy with one or two things since.  The Electrician came and checked it out and he had got one wire wrong, however he could see why OH had got this wrong as it was a bit vague on the instructions and could easily be missed.  Electrician put it right for him and OH is now a happy bunny that everything is working properly again.

I then rang the Cattery and they are happy to retain Molly and Mischief for a few more days. We have booked another four days here.

Whilst OH was dealing with the Electrician I walked Missy up the river bank which was a mud-field.  Fortunately I had my heavy wellie boots on which held me upright! However Missy managed to walk right through it up to her mid-riff and so I had to bath her when we got back to the van.  She managed to slather me up and I had a lot of wiping down and mopping up to do as well as wash the wellie boots.

OH could not make his mind up what he wanted for tea and in the end left it to me.  I have made home made air fried chips and fried egg for tea.  They turned out lovely.  I cooked the chips in the Ninja Foodie and I must say it does a lovely job of them with hardly any oil.  It is a very effective cooker.  I did a chicken in it the other day and that was delicious too.

I have been wanting to have a good look around Glastonbury for a long time - a spiritual need if you like a need for me and myself a calling to recharge the energy available to me.  A time for once in which I am putting my needs before everyone else.  Sometimes you just have to do this.  For about six months or more I have had very little energy again for no particular reason.  As I am a Reiki Master I am very aware that if I am not functioning properly on all levels that I will not be able to help those that need assistance.   Sometimes the Helper needs healing too and as a result of that I have been working behind the scenes to achieve this on my own and quietly away from outside influences. This is something that only I can do for myself.  I have the answers and solutions and a lot of the time it is working out the practical applications that cause me the most angst and angst it is as I do not find it easy to say No.  It is a journey a very physical thing which is all part of the Reiki energy and the way that energy works with me. When passing on help to others the energies must be pure so as to pass on the right kind of help to those that need it most so if that helper is not firing on all cylinders the effect of that assistance will not be as potent as it could be.  This is something that I take very seriously.

Visiting Glastonbury is the first part of the journey for me there will be work to do afterwards to re-charge my system and I am due a de-tox and a fresh look at my diet as well as also of late the sugar intake has been on the up which is not good for anyone so this will need addressing also. I also intend to meditate more than I have been doing of late to connect again to my inner voice.  I am therefore welcoming the fact that OH made the suggestion that we stay a few more days.

I am therefore very much looking forward to the next few days as it will give me the opportunity to go to a couple of other places as well.  I am very grateful for that.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Hope you enjoy your time in Glastonbury. Personally, I'd rather spend time at West Kennet long barrow, I find the energy in Glastonbury too muddy - too many people being too energy conscious, but that's just me! It's a hard time to look after ourselves when we're used to looking after everyone else. I find that although I have more time, I don't use it fruitfully. I do hope you have better outcomes. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your extended holiday and I hope that the Chalice Well brings you the energies you need.

    I don't need a specific place to recharge my batteries, so to speak, but I DO need to get out in the countryside - the wilder the better preferably.

    Looking forward to hearing about your travels.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts