Friday Night

 Today started off fine. We had to move pitches but with the aid of the motor mover this has made life less stressful for OH and we soon had the van in its new pitch and set up ready to go. As the van went topsy turvy with shoving stuff in again, I stripped it out again and gave it another thorough going over.

We have been at the van again as I needed to tackle the washing mountain as even though I had bought plenty of clothes with me, I have now worn these so they needed to be washed.  There is an extremely clean laundry here. It looks clean, it smells clean and is completely sanitised and Dettolised. You are given a key and only return that once you have finished. Today I have completed two washes with some more to do either tomorrow or on Sunday and despite there being several showers through the day I was able to get my jeans in particular onto the washing line.  They cannot be tumble dried and they are now finishing off on hangers at the other end of the van. Hopefully they will soon dry.

Missy has been comatose for most of the day enjoying being cuddled up on one of the sofa's flat out and oblivious to most things.  She does make us chuckle as she does get into some funny positions or dreams and is chasing something in her sleep.






After getting everything sorted out I then set too and cooked tea.  We have had a large double lamb steak each supported by new potatoes, green beans, asparagus, carrots, petit pois, cauliflower and lots of gravy. I quite frequently when I am at home do this as it makes a tasty meal with the meal being cooked within an hour including the veggies.  I take a small baking tray and add my chops or steaks into the base and add a little water. I then cover with roasting foil and pop in the oven for about 45 minutes. About half way through I take the foil off to allow the meat to colour up.  I make the gravy from the meat and veggie juices and a little mint sauce, redcurrant jelly, marigold powder, white ground pepper, some gravy stock and then adding some thickener and then serving hot all over the meat and the veggies.  For this evening's meal we bought the lamb steaks from the site shop.  They were indeed very delicious.




Tomorrow fine weather has been forecast so we are going to go to Glastonbury and spend some time there having a look around and going to the Chalice Well so I believe it will be a reasonably early start here tomorrow as we have about a one and three quarter hour journey.  I do not know Glastonbury but I have had an inner need to come here for quite sometime. I chill by being in the countryside and with being in nature.  I know Glastonbury is normally quite busy and not necessarily quiet but the inner voice is being persistent and so I need to address this.  Your inner voice never will lead you astray however learning to listen to your inner voice that is a different thing altogether as we often dismiss things that we know we should do and then they come back to bite you on the bum.  This is something I have to deal with for myself and what is right for me need not necessarily be right for someone else.  I also would like to go to Avebury Ring at some point as well but that will probably be sometime next year, for now it is Glastonbury. Fingers crossed that I get there.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Perhaps go via Avebury on the way home? It is the most AMAZING place - knocks Stonehenge into a cocked hat. Truly amazing area - remember, so much archaeology focused on one area. Silbury Hill and West Kennet Long Barrow, The Avenue and The Sanctuary and Windmill Hill. AMAZING. It will speak to you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts