Ninja Foodie Roast Beef

I fell lucky the other day when I nipped to the Co-Op as I found two joints of beef which had been reduced to £8 each.  They were the long medium sized roasting joints.  Last night I set too and cooked the Beef in the Ninja, on the same settings that I used for the Chicken the other night.  I baked/roasted it on 170 degrees C this time round and timed it for an hour.  The meat came up well and then I set too and cooked petit-pois, potato, carrots, cauliflower in the electric steamer as by then I had made the gravy from the meat juices and veg juices.  I switched over to saute-mode at this point.  The meal was delicious and made a very hearty and warming tea for the pair of us and there is lots left - might repeat the performance tomorrow evening or alternatively I may well turn it into a stew.  The beauty of one pot machines is that you can always find a way to use up left-overs and therefore get your maximum return on your outlay and good food to boot. OH decided he fancied a burger for tonight's tea so the rest of the beef will be turned into a stew and we will have that for tomorrow night's tea.

To say that I am delighted with the Ninja Foodie is an understatement.  So much so I would say that for a young couple starting out and where pennies are short if they can buy one of these machines so that they can at least cook themselves lovely, healthy and heart warming food until they can afford a cooker.  I not only am using this at home it goes with us when we go caravanning (we usually where we can have an electrical point to connect into and so can use it with that facility).  Cannot use if just using the battery electric or solar electric of the caravan.

Please note these are my own personal observations on a very good product.  I have not been in touch with Ninja about this in any capacity nor received gift or inducement to do so. Completely my own views.  However I feel that I am only scratching the surface with what I can and cannot do with this machine.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts