Pattypan's Pumpkin Patch/Pantry

Pattypan's Pantry is quickly becoming a pumpkin patch.  Thus far I have six pumpkins, two Butternut Squash, four marrows, another 2kg of beetroot and a host of other veggies queuing up in readiness to be processed for food for the pantry. Think Pumpkin marmalade, canned pumpkin, pumpkin chutney, frozen pumpkin for roasting and pumpkin soup are going to be on the cards.

The marrows are for chutneys and I have a load of other vegetables to hand to do stuff with as well.

The beauty with squashes and pumpkins is that they will keep for sometime in a cool place so there is no rush to use up straight away.  Mine are predominantly for preserving but I still in the meanwhile have the option of using them for meals as well. They are being stored under the stairs as it is cooler in there than in the main pantry.

I did in fairness grow some pumpkin plants this year and they were doing very well.  However they did not survive my first holiday in the caravan.  Next year I hope to have my step-daughter come and look at the garden if we go away and keep things watered.  She likes gardening in any event and we are approaching the seed growing a bit earlier this year.  Will start them off in my greenhouses.

Will see if I can locate any more stragglers in the next few days as well.

Right off to potter willl catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts