Thursday/Friday Catch up

Thursday morning we went to the Fish man and OH came home with some Brancaster mussels, Cromer crab, crevettes, brown shrimp and cockles.  We had the mussels for tea last night and they were delicious.  They were Brancaster mussels small and sweet. (Brancaster is on the Norfolk coast) not far from Cromer).

OH also nipped into the Butchers in Ramsey and bought some stewing beef to start off a stew in the Ninja Foodie for Saturday night, just simple ingredients, leek, onion and carrots accompanying the stewing meat to be served with mashed potato.  For Friday night we are having some very large gammon steaks which have been soaked in water to reduce the salt and then gently fried accompanied with pineapple rings.

We also went to the Bread shop and came away with crusty rolls for ourselves and daughter and a cake for her and the children.

We also called into the Harvest Barn Farm shop and got some leeks, carrots and onion for the stew.  We find that stew is best cooked one day left to rest and then served the next so that is what we are doing.  We also bought a couple of chickens one for ourselves and one for the daughter.  I also discovered some Damsons and so they are coming home with me and I plan to make a batch of Damson jam.  It turns out that this is OH's favourite jam.  I plan to put this in the jam maker tomorrow morning and get this sorted then.  Another lovely thing for the pantry shelf.  I am hoping to go back to the Farm Shop on Saturday morning as we were under time constraints yesterday.  They had started to get some of their Christmas food stuffs out which I would quite like a better look at.  OH has said that we will probably go to the fish man in any event possibly for whole fish this time round.  We will have to see, although would not mind getting some more Damsons if they have them as I would also like to make some Damson Gin.

I have also been to to the Doctors today (Friday) for my annual flu jab and so that is all done and dusted and out of the way with for this year.  I have to have this every year as a result of my auto immune conditions and it is not as a reaction to the current issues.  Jut one of those things I have to do to keep myself healthy.  I must say everything was very efficiently organised, sanitisation before going in, temperature being checked and then being directed in a one-way system so that you came into contact with hardly anyone apart from the person giving the injection.

The cats seem to be settling back into the old routine, both are being extremely affectionate at the moment every time I go through to them and are both scrabbling for cuddles at the same time.

I have also managed to buy some little artificial autumn candles (tea light size) that can be put into decorated votives for the autumn fall season from the Co-Op two in a pack for £1. I am hoping to put these into use on the dressers shortly.  Now to find my autumn leaves in the crafting stash.  I think I have some goldy coloured upholstery braid which would be an ideal base for a couple of garlands for the dresser.

I also have more recipes to write up for my folder.  I did a lot of this when we were on holiday.  Many to be tried next year, if they are in my folder it will be easier for me to go to the folder and then make them.  I want to be doing more than I have been doing.

I have plans to have a look in the Charity shop tomorrow to see if they have anything that will be useful.

I also intend going to the Veg shop tomorrow to see what goodies they have available for me to do something with.  Maybe a chutney or two and if I can get them some pears to be bottled in syrup and some mulled pears.  I have a recipe for a red wine version and a ginger wine version.

Lots to do as usual.

Time I was in bed!

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts