A Happy Bunny

I was woken up this morning by a phone call.  It would appear that despite the best of intentions, I had overslept the alarm and the phone call was from the delivery drivers who said that they would be with me in ten minutes.  Mass panic in getting dressed and sorting myself out.  But everything was calm and controlled when they did arrive.  I had been advised that they would be with me between 12 noon and 3 pm.  The call came at 10:30am.

I fear I am easily pleased and with my new Tumble Dryer arriving I am as happy as Larry!  It is simple to use and efficient and from what I have seen so far at the moment will be ideal for what I want it for and with the budget we had available to us at this time.  It is not all singing all dancing but has been bought for a need and function.  It has driven me up the wall in not having it to hand.  Now maybe I will be able to get the washing and ironing pile back under control.  Fingers crossed and toes plaited.  I fear I am a little sad to say the least.  I have a routine with the washing and the ironing.  In the summer the lack of a dryer would not have mattered so much but in the winter months.  No way.  the thing with drying stuff inside is it makes the house damp and I seize up more with the arthritis.  The tumble dryer is a condenser version but can be plumbed in to an outside drain if available.  It also allows me to get on with other stuff whilst getting clothing/linen dry so for me that is a win win situation.  It is also a lot quicker and the clothes do not need much ironing if any.

I have put through the first item in the tumbler a small fluffy throw and that has come up well and fluffy.  Just waiting to pop the next wash in.  Will probably be at this for a couple of days to get things sorted but that is okay as long as it gets done as it really has been driving me bonkers. I don't really like washing or ironing hanging around (although sometimes it does).  I am starting to work  my way down the pile!

It is very cold at the moment and has been for the past fortnight along with the rain it has been particularly damp and i have been a little stiff to say the least.  As it was too cold in the kitchen to get on this afternoon, I have had the tumbler and washing machine running and then came and sat down.  I have been listening to the TV there have been various programmes on that OH has wanted to watch and so I have set too and done some mending.  A little while back I bought a cheapie jumper which I wore twice before the seams unravelled themselves on both the side and the alternating sleeve on the other side.  So I have been good and "mended" it.  That is another useful jumper to wear with my jeans.  And that is something else off the checklist. Pretty chuffed have got to this as it has been a while.  I have mentioned that I am going to try not to prevaricate or dither like I usually manage to do.  The discipline will do me good  and hopefully lead me into good habits.  I am trying!

I am hoping to get back to the crochet blanket this evening to try and get a few more squares worked. Fingers crossed. I have managed to work two complete squares.  My hands have been particularly stiff today.  They were hurting when I mended my jumper, but hey ho. If I can get to do some crochet tomorrow as well that might free the stiffness off a bit  Another reason for wanting to do some crafting on a daily basis in order to keep my hands moving.

Once the blanket is finished, I I will then look at UFOs to see if can get them out of the way  If I can sit and have a little time at the crafting each day it will help get them out of the way reasonably quickly and also move items on a bit.  I do have new projects for the year. In the interim though, will give me something useful to focus on. 

The washing pile is starting to go down.  Will continue ast it tomorrow and then once it is done can start on the ironing.

Right am off for d  drink.

Hope everyone is well and keeping safe. From all accounts our local hospital is starting to struggle a bit.  We are keeping to the house as much as possible.

Take care wherever you are.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x



Comments

  1. I bought a condenser dryer two winters ago, it has been my saving grace through the winters I bless the day I bought it. I usually open the back door slightly when its on, as it gets quite hot, I cannot reach the windows, I can wash and dry the weekly wash in a couple of hours. I only iron bed linen now and even that is going out to be done starting in january. I can no longer stand and the kingsize duvet covers and sheets cause me a big problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, and a Happy New Year to you and Edwin. Sorry to hear that you can no longer stand to do the ironing. That must be extremely frustrating for you as you are so independent. I am lost without my washer and the tumbler and I must say going back to drying washing in the house has upset my arthritis a little bit; however it has been a case of needs must. However am extremely pleased with the new dryer as it is a lot quicker and dries the clothes much better than the old one did. I think perhaps in retrospect the other one had started to go wrong earlier in the year. I am well chuffed with it. Just you take care sweetheart and keep safe the pair of you. Hugs Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. Glad your tumble drier arrived safely and is easy to use. Something I have never had, I have to say. We have two Betty Maid line driers in our kitchen, and the Hergom stove which provides hot water and warm air to dry the washing when it's too wet to hang it out.

    Enjoy your craft work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB, I would love a Betty Maid or two just nowhere for them here and I would love a large range cooker too. One day. However I hate being without a tumbler as drying the clothes in the house has made the house damper and it has upset my arthritis. I was therefore very relieved to get the tumbler and get back on top of the drying. I am enjoying the space to craft it has been very soothing. Getting there slowly. Take care Tricia xx

      Delete
  3. I have only had a tumble drier briefly, and that was one of the combination washer dryers. I inherited it when my father moved in with us, and soon got rid of it as it neither washed nor dried very well. Back to a solid washer and a molly maid dryer to hang clothes on. Now I have no room for that due to low ceilings so I have to make do with racks and radiators. Happily I like a bit of moisture in the air, I find central heating very drying. It sounds like you're keeping your hands busy - does it help with the arthritis keeping them moving or is it just something you have to do in small doses because of it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fifitr, now I have the new tumbler things are a lot better. I have arthritis all over but predominantly it is my feet and hands that are the problem. I find that the gentle exercise from the crochet actually helps in the longer term. Aches at the time and then the following day is okay. If I do not do it aches all the time. It is just one of those things. I had the opportunity to have a combination machine when the children were younger however chose not to have it as I would have had the machine tied up most of the time. I therefore chose a separate washer and a separate dryer and for the best part this has worked for me. I have no room for a ceiling dryer at all more's the pity. Hope you are keeping well. Take care Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts