Last supper for 2020

 What a year it has been overall.  Some good, some not so good and some very frustrating moments.  No doubt not the last.

However, today has been a busy one.  More stuff back in the kitchen still more to go in. Slowly getting there.

Our last "supper" for 2020 was later than intended but nonetheless very tasty and enjoyable.  I cooked the Rib of Beef on a bed of chopped onions with a little water and then popped it under foil and cooked on a low heat for about three hours.  I then turned the heat up a little more to brown the meat off.  At this point I added in the potato, parsnip and shallots for roasting.  I also served crushed carrot and swede, carrot sticks, Kale, Broccoli, Cauliflower, mashed potato, Yorkshire pudding and lots of gravy made from the meat juices and veg juices.  It was very tasty and we have a repeat performance lined up for tomorrow. I made loads of gravy so I may also freeze some of the beef with the gravy to create a good quick meal during the week.  When my Nan was alive the family used to do this between us so that she got proper meals and we knew she was eating properly.   Nan had a microwave too.





So that is the last meal over for 2020.

Just want to wish every single one of you a happy, safe and healthy 2021 and to thank you for your support during the last year.

I hope this New Year brings you everything you wish for yourself and more.

Catch you in 2021.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. May you have a happy healthy New Year too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you Theresa. Lets hope it is a better year all round for everyone Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. Very best wishes to you. I have enjoyed your posts throughout the year and thank you for writing them and sharing your life with us.
    Happy New Year.
    Pam in Texas.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Pam and Happy New Year to you too. I am glad you have enjoyed my posts; sometimes I am not sure what I am writing about is of interest to everyone generally. However we are all different and I am never one to sit still for very long (unless it involves Crochet!) - which I do sit down for. I hope this year treats you well. Keep safe Tricia xx

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year! That was quite a feast, I counted 9 vegetables - and I think I've done well with 3!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lefting, Happy New Year to you too. I do tend to go a little OTT on main celebrations especially on the side trimmings. We like our veggies just as much as our meat. Whenever I cook a roast I nearly always cater for at least two to three meals so nothing goes to waste. Take care and keep safe Tricia xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Linda, Happy New Year to you too. Take care and keep safe Tricia xx

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year to you too.
    The meat looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy, Happy New Year to you too. The meat was extremely tasty. We had another full meal yesterday from it. There is still plenty of meat left but am going to use in a stir fry and also cold with home made chips, pickles and sauces. Take care and keep safe Tricia xx

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year! It sounds like you are going into 2021 in a very positive frame of mind. I hope you get everything accomplished that you wish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fifitr, Happy New Year to you too. I am determined to make the most of what I am lucky enough to have and what comes my way this coming year. Whether I will get it all done will be debatable but I will give it a good try. Take care and keep safe. Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts