Merry Christmas Everyone

 

I hope everyone has a super day.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I hope you had a wonderful festive day. My husband and I had cheese and biscuits for lunch and enjoyed it very much as we don't normally have cheese. It included some stilton from Aldi and I was very impressed with it. Like you I don't like it too strong and this was very creamy, like the whole stiltons my father bought home for Christmas when I was little. I'd forgotten how much I liked it among all the overpowering ones I'd tried to eat in recent years, and will definitely buy it again (next Christmas!). We followed up our cheesy feast with two small glasses of madeira and since we've not drunk very much at all this year we both fell asleep all afternoon. I would like to put it down to starting the day with a long beach walk, wishing fellow dog-walkers Merry Christmas, but that cleared the cobwebs and made us very awake, along with the flask of strong coffee we polished off sitting on the cliff looking at the waves rolling in. Sadly I must conclude that if I want to stay awake to cook our festive dinner tonight I need to stay off the booze. The upshot was we had cheese and some canapes for Christmas dinner, as neither of us had much of an appetite in the evening. But that's the beauty of being on your own, you can do exactly what you want. I hope you enjoyed all the delicious stuff you were preparing yesterday. Now I must be off to peel the spuds I didn't get round to yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Fifitr, sometimes you are allowed to enjoy Christmas too and just because custom dictates that you eat this or that at a certain time does not mean you have to follow suit. All that matters is that you do your own thing and are content and happy with that. Our meal ended up later than planned (we normally eat mid-day) but as there was no fire anywhere there was no need to rush. Glad you got a good walk and a lovely hot drink to boot. Take care Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts