Robbie Williams - Can't Stop Christmas (Official Video)

Just a light-hearted view very pertinent at the moment for many of us.  






However, Christmas is what you make of it. So we are in for a different kind of Christmas this year. So not what was envisaged, but at least we will have a Christmas of sorts.  Thank goodness for the TV, Internet and all the various services available to us today compared to what there was when I was a child. We are so lucky in many respects.  Especially as many of us are tucked up in our homes with others like Nursing staff and Doctors, food store operatives etc who really are bearing the brunt of the situation. As well as those that have lost loved ones and the sacrifice their families have made and on top of that not able to grieve properly.  I am grateful to them as they are making the real difference. They are at the coal face making sure that the rest of us are not impeded and are able still to carry on with our lives. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Alternatively, this situation could be an opportunity to try some of those things that you have been promising to try for ages.  There are lots of things I want to try - a never ending list if you like.  I have lots of stuff in-house I can turn my hand to.  I never get chance to be bored; bored is not in my vocabulary I do not have to be entertained I can do that for myself.

On a sad note, I had to go to the shop today as I had used my stockpile of cleaning materials.  Guess what I have been doing!  Attacking the kitchen with some vigour.  The old cooker is out it has been cleaned within an inch of its life.  OH will be taking it to the tip along with the old microwave and some other rubbish that has accumulated.  I am now on kitchen wall duty and that is where I ran out of my bleach; I thought that I had enough in house.  I did not hang around at the shop.  

The kitchen will soon be there apart from the decorating which will happen after Christmas but at least it will be lovely and clean. I have stripped all the cupboards out and washed everything as well so it has been a total deep clean. 

The new cooker can then go in situ, as can the microwave and my small electric Rotisserie oven (need to have a shelf installed for that).  I have some curtains to make to cover the exposed shelving and a skirt for the sink and that may happen over the days we are off for Christmas and yet again it may not but at some point they will be done.  All the fabric is here in the house. I just need to get into gear to accomplish it.

I consider myself very lucky.

Keep safe, be sensible and enjoy the moment.  That way you may enjoy your Christmas, despite on the face of it you will not.  Things happen for a reason.

Hope you enjoy Robbie's tongue in cheek performance.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x



When I went round to the shop there were no shopping baskets; it appears that there have been a few incidents during the day where customers have not been behaving themselves at all and being totally selfish resulting in them being aggressive to the staff.  It only takes a few individuals to cause further unnecessary stress.  It beggars belief really.  There was plenty of stuff on the shelves just people being totally selfish wanting what they wanted when they wanted without consideration of others. There is no need at the end of the day to be like this and they really are showing themselves up as complete arses a quick way to lose respect of their peers!  At the end of the day what will be will be and there is nowt anyone can do about it.  We are all in this situation together.  It is what you make of it and that you get through it - that is what matters.

Comments

Popular Posts