Saturday Roundup

It has been a busy day here in Peterborough although it started with me oversleeping as a result of being over tired in respect of all the work have been doing in past 10 days or so.  We were going on our normal Saturday travels to the fish man etc.  I had set the alarm but ended  up sleeping right through.  It was too late to go by the time we did wake up.  So unusually no fish today.

Since then I have been working in the kitchen washing stuff again.  my hands are still very sore but are now covered in Marigolds.  Not doing that again in a hurry.

I also have a socket problem in the kitchen which needs lioking at  so have strung up a temporary line in the dining room between the dressers to get essential stuff dry.  Me and electric do not mix well at the best of times.  I am therefore very cautious when it comes to electrics.  Better to be safe than sorry.  As a result of the socket trouble I cannot run the tumble drier.  So back to old fashioned drying tactics.  I wish I had a ceiling drier that would help as well. I think they were called Sheila Maids or something like this. Never mind these things are sent to try us. Never mind will get there in the end.  At least I have clean and dry pjs.

Tea tonight was pizza and thoroughly enjoyed.  It has been a while since we had one.

It is going to be an early start in the morning as delivery can take place between 7am and 5pm. So it looks as though it id going to be another late night. I have some stuff to move around to get the new fridge freezer in situ.  I am having it in a different place so that I can get my dresser top and base back in the dining roo..  They are not a matched pair but this will give me mire storage space, somewhere to safely put my dehydrators and also open up the radiator a bit more to keep the room nice snd toasty

The cats are both flat out.  I have it nice and warm in the dining room and they seem to be making the best of it.

Right am just going to get myself a drink and then am going to get on.

Catch u soon.

Pattypan

x



Comments

  1. We have two Betty Maids in the kitchen and couldn't do without them. One is by the Hergom stove and the other across the room so the overflow/partly dried stuff goes on that one.

    Please get an electrician in to deal with the socket - I'd hate to hear you had given yourself a shock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on getting your dining room cleared, even if there are still some things to do in there. It sounds like a gargantuan task, especially in the midst of electrical problems.
    We have some friends who are temporarily homeless staying with us in a cabin in our garden - we're calling it a bubble of necessity. They arrived late on Thursday night, having expected to be here in the afternoon after their removal people were very late and slow and they they got stuck behind an unfortunate accident driving up to us for several hours. They joked about bringing their bad luck with them as I fed and watered them, and tottered off to bed exhausted in the wee small hours. Next morning, just after they'd roused themselves, we had a major water leak. In about 5 minutes the kitchen floor filled with water and it started gushing all over the bungalow. I threw all the tiles I had on the floor and rushed to get the mop and bucket, only to find the mop handle, which is telescopic, wouldn't stay extended! It was literally two pipes that had come apart under the sink, which was only fitted 18 months ago, and when we went to turn the stopcock off we discovered someone had cemented in the tile over it that was supposed to be left loose for access. Luckily our plumber lives about 5 minutes walk away so he rushed round with a hammer, smashed the tile and emptied the water system, then set about clambering under the sink to fix the problem. We've managed two days without a calamity but I am keeping a very close eye on anything that could malfunction, I can tell you.
    The overhead dryers are called Molly Maids and are incredibly useful if you have high enough ceilings for them. Funnily enough it's something I really miss from our old home (the Molly Maid, not the ceilings) as ours hung over the huge old-fashioned boiler in the utility and dried things off even in the coldest weather.
    I'm not a Bailey's fan at all but I have some friends who like it. I'm surprised they don't do a white chocolate version of it. It's not something I'd ever think of making, it looks very rich and, for me, a bit sickly. Rum punch, on the other hand, is always enjoyable.
    Pity about missing the fish shop, but on the other hand you clearly needed the sleep and you can't fight with nature.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts