The Second Cheese delivery

The second cheese delivery has arrived in a bigger box this time but still with the same care and attention to detail.  We are very pleased and shall use this company again.  I suspect quite frequently.

The 2kg Colston Bassett Stilton, the Bishop Bigod Brie and the Gorgonzola should provide some good eating over Christmas together with some bread, crackers and chutney.




OH goes tomorrow to collect the Bronze Turkeys, the Rib of Beef. the chipolatas, streaky bacon and sausage-meat. Very much looking forward to the main meal itself.

Tomorrow will be a trip to the veg shop to stock up on veggies for the week as I suspect that they will have the rest of the week off and really I cannot blame them.

We are having a very simple Christmas this year due to circumstances more than anything else but we will have a Christmas.

Next year will be very different though.  One thing this year has taught me is never put off until tomorrow what you can do today.  So I will be steaming in from the beginning of the New Year as there are lots of things you can prepare on the preserves front, in readiness for Christmas or special celebrations next year.

Right am off to get on.

Catch you later on,

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Wow - you've got a lot of cheese to get through, just the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB, the Stilton is being split between three households my step-daughter and also my step-son. OH is a nut about Stilton, but this will last us into January in the fridge. It is wrapped up in waxed paper. He eats a lot of cheese, and particularly likes it prepared like a Welsh Rarebit, using vinegar and then using it as a topping for toast. It is kept in jars once made in the fridge. I am one more for soft cheese such as Goat's Cheese, Gorgonzola or Baron Bigod which when ripe is absolutely delicious. I think Gorgonzola is a given as mum had a yen for it when she was carrying me (her craved food) and I love it. We often have cheese mid-day for lunch as well in sarnies. Take care Tricia x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts