Tiers at Bedtime

 Have just heard that Peterborough which was due to go into Tier 3 has received a revision and we are now Tier 4.  Tiers before bedtime because people cannot follow the rules are running around with "It cannot possibly happen to me syndrome" so others who follow the rules become affected through no fault of their own.

The shops will not confront offenders, much more the Police don't want to know so major loop hole in a system that could work properly if everyone got onboard.  Shops have been experiencing aggressive offensive behaviour where they their lives have been threatened. Stricter penalties are needed for offenders in the longer term and need to be pursued.

OH and I had chosen to spend this Christmas quietly in any event, but I know of many families who will be badly affected. Christmas is a time for families but Pandemics and infections happen.  We need to be concentrating on LIFE here rather than on selfish actions.  So many people have been infected and affected by this horrible condition through no fault of their own.  We seem to fall into two camps here, those that are selfish and don't give a damn and those that care and do whatever they can to make things work.

OH and I are high risk OH more so than myself.  My brother is the same.  He only lives 15 miles up the road but we will not be seeing him this Christmas due to the impact that this could have on each other's health. Not being selfish just purely practical.  Hopefully this period a short term sacrifice will be enough to limit the spread of this condition.  Fingers crossed it does. Hopefully next Christmas will see a return to families very much being able to spend time together.

This year I have not been Christmas shopping at all.  We have elected to give our nearest and dearest money so that they can buy what they want when lockdown restrictions cease.  There are other ways around the situation, not necessarily ones we should choose by choice but nevertheless workable.

One thing I do know, is that in a lot of respects  values have been re-evaluated and I am much  more grateful for what I have.  I have been grateful for the lesser amount of pollution and that in many respects I have the skills to get by and help others if necessary.  I have a roof over my head, food in my belly and some warmth. I have plans to grow a lot more food this year myself, and hopefully I will be able to source a new freezer shortly so that I can carry out my plans for keeping my pantry much more in line with how I have always kept it rather than the position where I have been without a freezer and able to keep stocked up and squirrel away fresh ingredients myself.  I am not being smug here, just grateful and speaking it as it is for me.

Talking from my own perspective if everyone got onboard and did as asked for the benefit of each other  we might just get somewhere instead of pinging backwards and forwards into lockdown.  Pleasing people is one thing, being sensible is another.

We should not have come out of Lockdown in November far too soon.  At that time they did not know the creature they were dealing with.  Now it has mutated and infecting people a lot faster than the original virus.  Viruses have to run their course.  There are no shortcuts and the virus naturally work s through different levels and the more levels you work through makes the difference between being deceased and surviving.  Unfortunately it is people with weakened immune systems and pre-existing conditions that are really bearing the brunt of this pandemic.  People whose systems do not have the strength to tackle the infection.  We are all responsible at the end of the day for limiting this disease.

I hear people moaning because they cannot get out and about and get to their favourite shop.  Consumerism in its worst format.  There are lots of things you could do at home to keep yourself occupied.  How you tackle things imprints on your children.  It gives them guidelines on how to be strong and how to deal with things.  If you do not tackle it you are leaving them unskilled for the future.  Not something I am sure a parent would really want to do.

Right here we go again.

Keep safe, be kind and help each other where you can as well as not spreading this infection any further.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Totally agree with you, if we all are not careful it will be full lockdown in January.
    I think we should return to simple pleasures and less consumerism. I admire your plans to grow a lot of your own produce next year. Gardening is not really my thing but I love crafting, sewing, embroidery, knitting, crochet, patchwork and card making. I am looking forward to trying to teach myself tatting. I am currently learning how to Tunisian crochet. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, I grew tomatoes and herbs last year and OH bought me a couple of small fabric greenhouses for my birthday so I am set up better for growing seeds from the off this year. We used to have once upon a time a proper veg garden every year but when OH got a bad back that is where it ended. I have a lot of stuff in planters as well. Not a big garden but should be able to produce a little bit. I do all the crafting stuff as well. I love tatting, however have tried a couple of times and still manage to go wrong. I think perhaps it is not my forte. Good luck take care Tricia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here in Wales we went into full lockdown at midnight, not a moment too soon. Fortunately we had swopped gifts on Thursday - socially distanced, and gifts now quarantined.

    Not sure how our move will pan out now but hey-ho, it's beyond our control. Keep safe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts