Saturday

Today started off with me watching the new cooking series on ITV at 11:40am with Raymond Blanc OBE.  It was on right after James Martin.  I have always liked Raymond Blanc as a cook as he has always stayed true to tradition and using the best ingredients possible.  A French man showing the UK how to do things when it comes to food and going to the extreme of setting up his own Restaurant Garden which still supplies the restaurant to this day.  When he first started doing this it reminded me so much of the way in which my grandparents used to live with growing their own and making the best of what they had.   I really enjoyed the new show, the recipes were simple but stunning.  His guest today was Angela Hartnett MBE, and it was lovely to see the two of them working in the kitchen together. You can see they are very good friends.

I have been quiet today as OH gave me (Chef) the evening off tonight by ordering a take-away for a change.  It is not often we have one, but I do like the occasional curry. I have to have it cooked very very mild as I cannot always cope with the more fiery spices even though I like them my body does not seem to be able to tolerate them these days.  So if I have a curry, I always have plenty of plain yogurt with the curry.  Just calms it down a bit for me and means I do not miss out.

It has been a quiet day today.  I had a very rough night last night where I could not settle nor sleep properly and kept disturbing OH and the dog who growled on a couple of occasions. I either went very cold or extremely hot, so have taken today gently.  We have not even been shopping like we normally do on a Saturday.

However, I do have a trip planned to the Butcher's tomorrow.  It is nearly a fortnight since we last paid a visit which is not bad and we have had a lot of really good meals within that time span.

It is OH's 66th birthday on Monday and for his birthday meal I would like to get some Rib Eye steaks freshly cut to do a simple tea with for him.  Something along the lines of pan fried steak (he has his Blue), fried onions, fried tiny mushrooms, a side salad, and some home made chips with some home made Creme Caramels for pudding or Lemon/Orange Self-Saucing pudding.  Might make both as he likes both and they will not go to waste.

I am not sure what we are going to have tomorrow will have to see what they have available

I have spent some of the quiet time today doing some crochet to my long-suffering crochet blanket.  I am now up to 35 squares worked and I still have a fair few to make yet.  I am hoping to do about 60, but I am not sure that I have quite enough wool.  Will have to see how it goes.

Right am off to get a cuppa.

Hope everyone has had a good day tomorrow.  I have a lot to get to grips with tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. That sounds a nice birthday meal. Happy Birthday to your OH.

    Well done with the crochet - it will be a while before I am organized enough to be crafting again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts