Things achieved and out the way January 2021

It is the last day of January 2021 a month has gone by into the New Year and we are still under restrictions, but I am trying to use my time wisely and concentrate on things generally.  As well as my everyday life, some of which I write about on this blog, there are other things going on in the background in readiness for other things to happen.  It is the way I operate, do things a little bit at a time and collect things together in readiness for said project.  I do the same when I am stocking things up in the pantry, buy a couple of things here and there when I can, and get a nice little stock of items together a bit at a time.

I like my lists, they track my progress or not so much progress and give me focus on what I have achieved (when I am feeling blue and rather unconvinced that I have made progress).  Or confirm to me that yay, I am on schedule and that things are more than okay.  So back to my lists I am returning.  In the past I have recorded these weekly, but rather than do this weekly this time round I thought that would give myself more time to get things done and out the way with as in practice some weeks are better than others. I therefore intend to publish a list of achievements for the month just passed on the last day of each month. That way on I will be able to keep track of things.

Here is the list of what I/we have achieved in January 2021:

  1. Mended the jumper that needed sewing up.  This had been lurking for about 9 months.
  2. Got the Gas back on and the heating.
  3. Getting the house nice and warm and dried out.
  4. Got the new cooker connected.
  5. Got the electrics sorted in kitchen and dining room.
  6. Got the sink sorted, i.e. ordered delivered,  built up.  Waiting for worktop before it can be installed in the kitchen.
  7. New worktop arrived. Still waiting for another unit until the new sink can be fitted for sink area.  Worktop needs to be cut to fit the sink and this new unit.
  8. Another unit and side-board as well as handles ordered for under worktop as OH made an addition to it.
  9. Sorted out the waste and water supply on the washing machine and the dishwasher.
  10. New Boiler installed and working magnificently.
  11. Finished sorting the kitchen cleaning.
  12. Got the new tumble dryer in situ.
  13. Sorted out some more of the kitchen units want for kitchen.
  14. Choosing tiles for walls in kitchen. Identified which ones  - not yet purchased.
  15. Choosing tiles for floor in kitchen. Identified ones want but not yet purchased.
  16. Started replacing kitchen cabinets to give more storage.
  17. Got all the electrical appliances into kitchen.
  18. Planted the Amaryllis my step-daughter bought for me at Christmas.
  19. Cooked most days from scratch.
  20. Up to date with washing.
  21. Up to date with ironing.
  22. Kept the Christmas Cacti alive.
  23. Bought two cherry trees
  24. Bought two Victoria plum trees
  25. Bought two apple trees
  26. Bought two pear trees
  27. Started creating Seed Planting list.
  28. Making the most of what I have. Instead of heading for the shops, I have been using stuff I already have and have been surprising myself in the process.
  29. Continue to sort out items do and do not want.
  30. Start to sort out those preserves want to make this year.
  31. Making Seville Orange Marmalade.

So I/we have not too badly for the first month.  I am ever hopeful that more progress will be made in the kitchen for this month coming.

I have however liberated some more appliances from where they were being stored.  I have found my steam canner, my small dehydrator, my cheapie all in one cooking pot (cheapie version of an Instant Pot purchased from Wilkos on an offer.  I think I only paid £20 for it.  It is another useful piece of equipment though.

I have also liberated another couple of my baking bowls as well.

So things are very slowly starting to happen.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts