Up Early

 At 4am for an early start.  It is minus 1 degree outside.  I have the tumbler on for the net curtains which will not be long and I have crumpets under the grill for an impromptu breakfast which are just to be served with butter and a pot if tea.  The birds are justing starting their early morning concerto. Still dark but their morning joy to greet the dawn is there. Soon I will put my old radio on low as is my want when I am working in the kitchen.  One of my favourite channels is Gold.  My expensive DAB radio has given up the ghost and cannot be repaired.  OH has treated me as part of my Christmas present (we do not necessarily buy each other a gift per se at Christmas but usually set a monetary amount to buy something that we would really like when we see it.)

When I bought my DAB radio the one that has gone to meet the ghosts  it was not the radio I would have liked as I had seen a Green Roberts revival that I quite liked.  It was far too expensive at that point in time.

OH has ordered the radio and it should arrive very shortly.  I am indeed blessed.  I am old fashioned in that i love to listen to the radio as I am working.

Right off for breakfast catch u later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. 4 a.m. ??? Hope you went to be early.
    Crumpets have not had those in a long time. Those little holes just fill up with butter and Oh my mouth is watering already. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia, I needed to get up early to do some stuff in the kitchen as I had not got on as well the day before and we had a gas inspection and the cooker being put in. Needless to say I flopped when they had been. Crumpets are a favourite here. OH has them with cheese on I like them plain with lots of butter. We use them as a snack, as part of a tea and sometimes for breakfast. They went down a treat. Take care and keep safe. Tricia x

      Delete
  2. I too listen to things as I work (or play), but it’s mostly podcasts these days. No commercials! I won’t watch the Telly because it’s too distracting, and I surely would hurt myself or something, klutz that I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the radio. Our parents' used to listen to all sorts as it was the only thing they had before the TV. Even when they had their first TV they still listened to the radio. Even my brother does and both his sons think that he and I are odd. Probably right, but they are the ones missing out. Take care and be careful. Tricia x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts