A little under the weather

 I was up early this morning in readiness for the three delivery times I had to be in for.  To tell you the truth I did not feel too brilliant when I got up and did not really want to get up but snuggle in bed. The sun was out and it seemed as if it was going to be a pleasant day.  However I was a little disconcerted to see the roof letting off smoke, it turned out it was steam from the wet roof and the warm sun. However, OH was going to the fish man and someone had to be here for the parcel deliveries.  After he went I was a little disconcerted that he had locked the back door.  I have mislaid my keys and so could not open the door if anyone came there.  Fortunately he was back in good time and was able to deal with this. The first two were done and dusted by 11:00am.  So I was able to watch part 2 of the new cooking programme with Raymond Blanc on ITV.  He prepared fondue today so may well have a go at that during the week. The third delivery arrived at 4pm.  The Memory Foam mattresses arrived first boxed up.  The frame and the trundle bed should arrive one day next week.  The room will be completely tidied out by then.  OH then had a jigsaw, battery pack, spanners (for the new bed), and charger system arrive.

Unfortunately in the interim I have been ill (upset stomach) and I have been throwing up so for the rest of the day I have taken things easy.  OH had bought Plaice back for tea this evening but I could not bear the thought of cooking it after being ill. So that has been put off for today.  I have as a result mostly stuck to fluids.

I think OH is going to cut the worktop down to size tomorrow.  The worktop is quite long nearly the length of the dining room and that is where it is at the moment to keep it dry, but it keeps getting in the way.  It is actually longer than my kitchen.

It will all sort in the end like a giant jigsaw puzzle waiting to be assembled and carefully pieced together.

Whilst I have been resting I have been doing a little crochet inbetween everything else.  Not on my current blanket, but I have some odds and sods of wool that need using up so I am being thrifty and just working the centres in one of the balls of wool trying to get as many as I can for the start of another blanket this one is being made from scraps in house.  The reason I have been doing these is that I can work quite a few centres up in a very short space of time so I will continue with that until that ball of wool is used.  Will then probably go back onto my green and white blanket. I have about 25 more squares to work that is if the wool lasts out.  Depending on how big it makes up to, I may then add further squares in white.  My blankets tend to evolve from me just playing around with the wool. I have been crocheting for quite a few years but I am not really an expert, but it does provide practical and pretty throws for the house.  Keeps me occupied too.

I have also been reading and studying stuff in readiness for some future projects which I am going to be instigating in the not too distant future.  It involves food and preserving as usual and does require me to buy in quite a few more jars and also sort out more food storage longer term.  Ideally I also want to get hold of an old pie safe and an old meat safe for said storage area which is likely to be under the stairs (which is currently used as a jam pantry but I have ideas for other things in there as well).  Under the stairs is nice and cold so an ideal storage area for convenience foods such as sauces, canned meats, meals, salsa etc. including bottled fruits.

At the moment I have a lot of jars, bottles, and preserving equipment in the shed which needs sorting out too but I need a couple of dry days to do this and also get the old freezers out of the shed, and a collection arranged for the old ones.  Then maybe I will be able to obtain a new freezer.  It is sorely missed.

However the kitchen needs sorting first so that I can get all my kitchen equipment re-arranged and in there ready to use.

Fingers crossed and toes plaited.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Catch you soon.


Comments

  1. I hope by the time you read this you are well, and that your 3 parcel deliveries arrived safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you've been poorly. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts