Wednesday Catch up

 Well the little dehydrator is working very well and everything I processed yesterday has come up well.  I have prepped up some celery and am going to get some mushrooms and also some spinach in the next few days (they did not have any when I went round today), to add to the little stock of things I am building up for myself.  Also some frozen peas and mixed veggies.  These once dehydrated can be put into a stew or casserole straight from the shelf so potentially could save a lot of time in the long run.  I also want to see if I can get some reduced thick bread so that I can make some croutons for the pantry shelf as well.  I have orange slices to do as well but they can go on tomorrow.  If I can get any more reduced bags of Kale as well will pop those in.

These are all simple things to prep.

As I have mentioned I have two Dehydrators.  My 9 Tray Excalibur and also the little VonShef one.  Excalibur have a very useful website with a load of recipes on which they have not long changed.  The link is here for any of you who want some different recipes.

Excalibur Recipe Site


There are of course lots of useful sites.


There are some for sale on ebay.  The top VonShef Dehydrator is the one I have.

VonShef Dehydrator and Dehydrators


Here are some offerings from Amazon as well.

Dehydrators on Amazon


I have also purchased some frozen fruit to make another batch of Jumbleberry jam for general use.  That will probably get made tomorrow.

I also have a host of other goodies to get sorted as well, but keep getting diverted.

I have also made chicken pie filling for a big pie which will be made tomorrow.  I want the contents to be cool when I pop them into the pastry case.  We do not want a soggy bottom to the pie thank you very much.  Will pop the recipe up tomorrow.

I now have loads of stock to use up as a result of cooking the ham the other day.  I may make some French Onion soup to have tomorrow as I have some Comte Cheese to go with it.  I like Gruyere with this but Comte is just as good.

I have cooked another piece of gammon today.  One from the Co-Op and probably available in a lot of supermarkets.  This one I have cooked the same way in the pressure cooker, but I have emptied the ham into a bowl and then poured the stock on it.  This when it is cold will then go in the fridge.  Keeps the gammon nice and moist.

Right I still have lots of stuff to do so had better get a wriggle on.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x





Comments

Popular Posts