Recycling a cardboard box Decoupage Part One

OH had a delivery of an item for his fishing, the outer packaging of which is an ideal size for keeping my current embroidery project in, particularly my lap quilt with my frame.  I had been using a shoe box but that was a bit of a squeeze.  This holds everything just nicely, keeps everything to hand and keeps everything clean.






It would be a pity not to use the box because of its logo.

Here it is:



Let's turn it round




That's better!  Yes you are reading it correctly although perhaps instead of "Carp" it should have read "Crap".  Please excuse my sense of humour.  OH goes fishing in some wild and wonderful places where there are no facilities available and so he is providing for himself.

In this house if it can be revamped then I will use something more than perfectly suitable for something else.  A case of "Waste Not, Want Not!

I have therefore decided that to make it more "lady-like" and pretty for use that I am going to decoupage it.  I have a box of Victorian decoupage images and I think that these will be ideal for covering the outside of the box just using the images and PVA glue.  Will see how it goes.

Here we go!  I am going to work this alongside working the embroidery.  Will pop up some pictures shortly.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x



Comments

  1. Definitely waste not, want not! Just the right size and it will look lovely decoupaged. When we used to sell at the Hay Fleamarket, there was always a chap and his wife selling woven baskets (not sure where they were made, but probably African?) and I bought myself a couple of those when we had good selling days there. They are quite roomy and just perfect for keeping sewing or knitting projects together.

    Keep up the good work with the lap quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts