Idiots!

 This morning I ventured into town for the first time in the best part of 8 weeks or more.  I was not happy to go in but needed to shop for basic stuff that we use on a regular basis.  I normally use Wilkos for this combined with the £ shop.  It is a form of bulk shopping for basics.

These days I tend just to pick a couple of shops to go to and then if necessary go back another day.  I may have to do this as I have found a few more things since coming home that I actually need.

I am still not 100% and firing on all systems and so found the small jaunt this morning quite tiring.  From Wilkos went to the £ shop but quickly ditched that because of the size of the queue and I could not find what I was looking for in any event.

So then headed in the direction of Primark.  Another no go and queues outside the centre to get in the shop.  Abandoned that as well.

So I then headed into M & S as I had decided that I was going to cook a simple chicken meal for tea tonight together with fresh veggies.  Managed to get my chicken and the veggies I wanted and had a quick flit through the food store and that was it.  I could not carry much in any event.

Coming out of the Centre to Church Street, St John's Church area it was blatantly apparent that all the new eateries in that are were not following the 1 metre distancing.  There were no end of people sprawling about too close together.  Things are not over yet and yes restrictions have lifted but not that much.  I really do despair at the mindless "I am alright Jack" mentality.  Lemmings that will scream if anything happens to them.  

I know that I am one of the lucky ones in that I have received all my vaccinations and I am grateful for that however an awful lot of people haven't.

I think I must just be a grumpy guts.  I am preferring to do stuff and keeping my distance as best we can.  We are not courting crowded venues or anything like that just want to potter without impinging or impacting anyone else.

We then went on to the caravan as we had some work to do there as well before coming home this afternoon and then cooking the evening meal.  I have more stuff to locate for the caravan as well a little later on.  This is going to be like a Chinese jigsaw puzzle locating stuff.  Oh well what is new.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. We are easing ourselves back into going places and yesterday had to go to Leominster (nearest B&Q) and visited a couple of antique shops whilst there. Only customers in one of them, and just 3 others in t'other one. Suits me! I think younger people don't fear Covid in the same way we do and just want to carry on as normal.

    Where will you be heading for your first trip away with the caravan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi BB, we are on the trip we had to cancel due to lockdown back to Woodhall Spa. It is nice and quiet where we stay out in some woods, and we can choose what contact we have with people without impacting too highly on those around us. Am looking forward to getting away from where we live but am not quite ready really in another, possibly because I have not been able to do what I normally do so far. Oh well it will be a quiet break with the chance to go around some beautiful Lincolnshire countryside. Am looking forward to visiting some old childhood haunts. My lap quilt is going with me as I really need to start work on that again and I have had about a month where nothing has been done. If OH goes fishing means will be able to concentrate and chill a bit. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts