It has been a funny old day

It has been one of those days where I was so full of energy and ideas but at the end of it all nothing materialised.   Getting very fed up with losing the momentum as it were and not in the mood to focus.

My arm has been very painful from the injection yesterday but is now calming down a bit, which I am pleased about.  I am so glad that I opted to have it in my left arm again, so that I can still use my right hand which is my dominant hand.  I have been wanting to do some embroidery, but yet again have not been able to settle to it and it is driving me up the wall.

OH was supposed to go to the caravan today to do some repairs but never got there.  He is planning to go tomorrow.  I have to stay in as I am expecting a delivery.  I think it is some earrings, but am not terribly sure, that were ordered a while back.  So I have to wait in for the parcel.  Which means I will deal with the kitchen stuff tomorrow whilst I am waiting for the delivery.  What is annoying is that we were in this morning when the parcel was supposed to be delivered but despite the note on the front door no one came to the back as requested.

I have also been plotting and planning some future projects to have a go at.  As I have not been able to accomplish anything better to use my time in planning something.  I am making a list and getting things organised to do so that I can just set too and work things that are alike in a more time efficient manner.  That is the hope.  I do need to get to the charity shop though as some of the items I need work out cheaper to buy this way on.   Better to recycle or upcycle something if possible and help a good cause if I can.  Will only buy new if absolutely have to.

I may have to go into town later in the week as I need to obtain some new cleaning items which need replacing in readiness for getting on with the spring clean.  I also need some lemon oil.  I have plenty of spirit vinegar.  I also need some magic erasers.

One of the things I am looking forward to is having my hair done again when I can book an appointment with my hairdresser over the road.  I look a bit of a raggle taggle gypsy.  I also need to locate a dentist as my teeth are also being a bit of a problem.  Trouble is I am terrified and I mean terrified of the dentist!  My vitamin D and acid reflux have wrecked my teeth. However locating a dentist has been a bit difficult here.  It will get sorted.  Fortunately no tooth ache at the moment but I know it is coming.  The other problem is that whenever I need something doing like taking teeth out they usually deal with me at the hospital in case I fit.  They are better set up at the hospital to deal with me if that happens and I also think that the Dentists' insurance does not cover them if anything goes wrong.  Plus with all the other issues.  It has caused problems in the past.  Like the root canal treatment that went wrong and I ended up waiting nine months to have the stump removed.  They then nearly had to stop the surgery because my heart started racing as I was getting so stressed. I would rather be knocked out completely!

I also want to start sorting some of the stuff out in the front bedroom.  I have managed to work through one bag.  Will try and do a bit each day, just a little bit and that way on hopefully will start to see some movement.  Once I have like with like and everything is sorted I will then be able to see what I have and what I do not have.

I am pleased for all the businesses that they are being able to start to trade again.  I just hope everyone is sensible about the requirements and adheres to them.  I also hope that people if they travel to other areas are going to be respectful and keep their distance from the locals to keep them safe as well.

I have also found another embroidery kit which I bought second-hand although the kit has not been worked.  I had thought all the threads were there but there are some missing and so I am going to have to get those sorted out.  I have repackaged the kit in any event and popped that with the other kits I have found recently.  Once the kits are together as it were they can the be worked in turn as they will be ready to go.  The instruction sheet is missing from this kit, however i think I will be able to work out from the pattern what colour and what stitch or stitches to use in various areas.


This is the kit:



Right am off to potter.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I am not a huge fan of Amazon, but one of their best buys to me is their generic magic erasers. I get about 100 for $10.00 Canadian, I looked and they are a bit more on Amazon.UK but still better pricing than our stores here in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lefting, don't know whether it is the area am living in but have had problems sourcing things like Brillo scouring pads since the pandemic hit. As I use gas to cook, I need these for the bottom of the pans. None of the others seem to do a decent job. I also have not seen the magic erasers either. Will have to keep nosing to see if can source them. OH is not too keen on me buying in bulk like this so I have to go with the flow a bit at the moment. It is the way I prefer to do things though. I hope you are keeping well. We have had lovely sunshine for the past couple of days which has been very pleasant although it is still a tad cold. Take care Tricia x

      Delete
  2. That's a pretty kit to work. It will look lovely when you've finished it.

    Sorry about your teefs and being terrified of the dentist. I hope you can find a suitable one soon. We are lucky to be with an NHS dentist in Llandeilo, so can still stay on their books. They are very good.

    Do you not have a door bell to alert you to a delivery at the front of the house? Don't you have a front door? It sounds a real waste of a day to be waiting round at the back for a delivery chap that won't walk another 20 feet to take it to the back door!

    Tam had a really sore arm from her jab too (couldn't sleep on it) and had flu side effects - a really high temperature etc. She's woken up this morning feeling nearly normal now, thank heavens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi BB,The kit is one of my finds off of Ebay. I loved it but I do not think it is going to be the easy chart to work. When I get to it will take the time like I have with the lap quilt and split it down as best as I can with the colours. Where the Dentist is concerned, I have had some unhelpful treatments over the years. I just get so stressed out and then feel overwhelmed. Since I posted have knocked a couple of other bits off some of my teeth as well. Problem has been locating a dentist who is taking on. Will keep at it otherwise I am going to be in a mess. Front door is not in use and is not used at all. Have two hefty settees in there which will only fit one way which means the door is not used. Hope Tam is a lot better now. Take care Tricia x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts