Starting to Deal with Personal Blockages - Part One Health

In theory I do tend to try and get stuff out of the way with so that I am not caught on the hop.  However, I plead the seventh amendment on this in that I am a great procrastinator and tend to put off things, especially things that frighten me or ones where I am out of my comfort zone.  I have to learn to be braver and not as frightened of my own shadow.

For the past four years I have been at home and it looks as though for the foreseeable future this will be the case.  In all honesty I do not think that I could cope with a full time job on the level I had back then.  I am very sure that the decision I made to take redundancy is still very much the right decision for me then and now.  However what I have found difficult to come to terms is that I absolutely loved my job as a Legal Secretary/PA and after 34 years of in many respects being defined by that job, then coming out of it, what form or function did I have.  I have been struggling with this but have since come to the decision that I am who I am does not matter what I do I am me no matter what, warts n all. You will either love me or hate me.  I have a Master's Degree in driving people up the wall by just being me. I have been struggling with motivation interspersed with quite a lot of fatigue which has not helped.  I also need to get both of these aspects under control as well.

I know that for me to progress and move forwards I need to clear some personal blockages when it comes to me as a person.  Even more highlighted since my recent illness.  It has also made me reassess myself on a fresh perspective.  I am not a 100% yet, far from it; I feel tired and drained

Ultimately I am a Reiki Master who quite happily will help out those that need it.  However I do tend to leave myself last on the list and I know that has also got to stop for me to be more connected to myself and to the vessel.  I am pretty sure that a lot of the recent illness is due to a spiritual blockage based on my procrastination and therefore I have come up with a little plan (well to start with) in order to try and make myself healthier and also reclaim my latent power.  It is some while since I worked with the healing over two years.  I am feeling the stirrings to work again however this will not be until I know where I am going with my health issues.  Once they are all under control I can then do a thorough detox/cleanse and grounding and then start the healing again.

The list consists of the following:

I need to get my health issues back under control.

1.  Gallstone problem:

I have an initial appointment with the hospital for 11 November 2021 for an ultrasound initially.  From what I understand if they can use the ultrasound to dissolve the stones, they prefer to do this and then see how you get on with a closer watch on my diet.  More low fat meals I believe.  I will apparently find out about 10 days afterwards as to what protocol they intend to use for my treatment.

If the gall bladder does need removing it depends on your own medical conditions and what is going on with you at that particular time as to the approach taken.  Where possible they tend to do key hole surgery but not every one is a suitable candidate for that.  

If you have to have general surgery you are incapacitated for longer as you end up having a full general anaesthetic, and are usually in hospital for about a week then have to take things very carefully for the next six weeks after that. Particular attention will have to be followed to a low fat diet from then on in.  

2.  Teeth:  

My teeth are dropping to bits and large chunks have broken off in recent weeks.  I mentioned it to the Doctor when I saw him the other week and like me he also suspects that lack of Vitamin D is the culprit.  Even though I am on a proprietary Vitamin D Tablet, I have changed the version I am on to Vitamin D3.   This is something that also runs in the family.  My mum used to have injections for this.  

The appointment with the new Dentist is on 13 May.  I am terrified but I know it needs to be dealt with and the sooner the better.  We shall then see what the plan of attack will be after the initial appointment with them and how  much it is going to cost.  I suspect it will be another referral to the hospital!  The grounds for this are that with me having the epilepsy if I were to have an attack whilst under anaesthesia, the practice is not covered on the insurance front.  Not only that but a hospital is better set up to react to such a situation were it to happen.  

3.  Weight and Diet:

In light of the recent gallstone issues I need to start sorting cooking slightly differently to what I do at the moment.  Just a slight adjustment should do the trick.  Hopefully this should also help me lose some weight in the longer term as well.  Something which I need to do.

4.  Exercise:

Need to walk into town at least twice a week now that Covid Restrictions have been lessened.  The walking into town and around town has in the past help me lose weight.  I need to continue to be able to do this as it keeps me moving more freely as well.  Just the walking in is effective.   When I have shopping I struggle to walk and carry at the same time.

5.  Mental Health and wellbeing:

Hopefully, all the above should help me get back on the path of what is right and necessary for me to maintain my system, to reclaim my power and my mindfulness.  I need to find my joy in each new day, my purpose as well tempered with unconditional love.

It is early days yet, b ut I am determined to do something about this, as after all, I still have an awful lot of living to do.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I just had this same talk with myself, almost verbatim, last week. The first step is recognizing things need to change. Good luck on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Theresa Y, sometimes, just sometimes you have to give yourself a good talking to to re-align compass points more than anything else. It is going to take some doing but am going to do it as I still have a heck of a lot of living to do. My system feels sluggish so it needs a little motivation. Hope you and yours are keeping well. Take care Tricia x

      Delete
  2. It’s good to hear that you are finding your way through. Your positivity will move you forward and as you begin to feel better it will help you get back to your power and true mindfulness. I loved your comment about Masters Degree! Keep going, as they say, you eat an elephant a mouthful at a time.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s good to hear that you are finding your way through. Your positivity will move you forward and as you begin to feel better it will help you get back to your power and true mindfulness. I loved your comment about Masters Degree! Keep going, as they say, you eat an elephant a mouthful at a time.... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeannie, Ni Desperandum and all that jazz. Have not addressed things as I should due to other things getting in the way as usual. Will get there though as I still have a heck of a lot of living to do. Hope you and yours are keeping well and safe. Take care Tricia x

      Delete
  4. Old, General Surgery nurse here. In the last year, I've seen one open Choli. The remainder were all laparoscopic or "key hole". Our surgeons would rather have up to nine poke sites (on very obese patients). Most people have 3 or 4.

    The open procedure is done less frequently due to the longer hospital stay, longer recovery time, and more exposure to anaesthesia.

    When done as a lap choli, it's a straight forward day surgery, in and out in under six hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi 50 & Counting, I thought that was the case.

    Thank you.

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts