Helllo Everyone

 Hi, just to let everyone know that we are now back from holiday.  We had a lovely restful holiday and did not really want to come back but knowing that in real life we have a lot of things to deal with we have come back to try and get sorted a bit.  One of the problems I have is that I get stuck in and start sorting things then start having fatigue attacks and I am not able to do anything for a few days.  It is pretty demoralising but part of what I am having to get used to.  I am not complaining, it is just a different way of having to go around things to what I am traditionally used to doing and I hate being slowed up!  More frustration than anything else on my part as I do not consider that I really have any health problems, just issues that get in the way and raise their ugly heads every so often.  Not that I am not looking after myself, I am it is just that sometimes things escalate every so often for some unknown reason. 


Everything is okay.  On the health front,, the Doctor phoned me the day after my appointment at the hospital concerning my gall stones.  I have them and have to have my gall bladder removed by keyhole surgery.  He referred me the same day to the Consultant at our local hospital, and a letter was waiting for me on our return from, holiday indicating that the application was being processed and that if I had not heard by 27 May 2021 as to the progress of such application to ring them.  So we shall wait and see what happens.

I have also faced demons regarding my teeth.  In the last year I have had parts of my teeth chunk off and we were unable to locate a dentist.  We have since consulted a private dentist and I have a lot of work to be undertaken three months worth every two weeks in effect.  OH is kindly funding this for me as I have very much lost my file.  I like the new Dentist.  He is young and enthusiastic.  Inspires me with a bit of confidence although I have explained to him that I am terrified of needles and do get in a bit of a state.  I must say that he has thus far been very good with me.  He knows my health issues and is treating me himself.  No referrals to the hospital this time which has always been my previous experience.  I have never seen a private dentist before so maybe this is the difference.  Perhaps I am a little late in getting things done but this is very much due to circumstances more than anything else.  Apparently, my teeth mess is down to my medical conditions.  I get dry mouth, and dry eyes (Sjorgen's Syndrome) and apparently it is the dryness which has predominantly caused a problem with my teeth combined with the vitamin D deficiency.  I am terrified and also extremely embarrassed by the loss of my teeth, but grateful that I should get my smile back shortly.  I have been very relieved to be wearing a mask as it covers a multitude of sins and at this time is required so I do not have to do any extra explaining.  So very much going to be facing up to my demons in the weeks to come.

Since returning from holiday I have had a whole host of things to do to try and restore some type of normality to this household.  After being away in a nice tidy caravan and coming back to chaos, I have started to work on the house again. It is slow and painful but I am at it.  OH offered another week away but I have declined for the moment as I really need to get stuck in.  So I apologise will try and post but I am trying to get as much as I can get done in the house.  It also involves an awful lot of sorting stuff out as usual, chucking stuff away and will involve a visit to the tip at some point and a trip to the Charity shop to make some donations.

I have started in the bathroom.  The toilet is all sorted and scrubbed out clean.  I am now on the bathroom itself that is a much bigger room, but I am keeping at it.

Then it will be the kitchen, the Pantry and the Dining room and the under stairs and fireside cupboard.  Once they are done, we can probably go off for another joint.

Tomorrow we are going to the Fish Man and also the favourite Butcher at Johnsons of Old Hurst.  The grandkids and my step-daughter are also coming with us.  It is a few weeks since we saw them.  It is also a sad time as Gnasher my step-daughter's Staffie gentle and old gentleman as he is,. has cancer and we think is near travelling over the Rainbow Bridge.  He has been to see the vet today, and he has another visit booked for early next week but it depends on how he is over the weekend.  He was diagnosed a year ago and has been on medication ever since.  He has also been on a special diet.  A year ago the vet wanted to put him down but he has for the best part been okay just odd episodes.  We have told her that he will let her know when he is ready (this has always been my experience with my pets).  However it does not make it any easier as our animals are very much family members too and play a very big part in our lives.  It is never an easy time.  However because of their trust, faith and loyalty in us, it is important that decisions are made in their best interests and not in ours.  No one wants any creature to suffer.

I will get back as soon as I can, and if I can put up a post I will do.  One of the habits we got into whilst we were away was early mornings was waking up at 6:00am and early to bed which has been the complete opposite of what we have been doint at home.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. Good to see you back and glad you had a nice holiday in the caravan. Where did you go?

    Good luck at the dentists' (though the bill will be like a mortgage, as you've gone private). I take a Vitamin D supplement daily. It's one of the things that helps protect you against Covid, so extra important to take at the moment.

    You always seem to be sorting out your house - it sounds like painting the Forth Bridge! Sorry to hear that you keep getting energy levels falling - it must be very frustrating.

    Sorry to hear about Gnasher. I imagine he is a good age too?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts