Trying to catch up and failing miserably

I am not doing well at the moment in the longer run but rather than leave the blog another day I thought I would start off with what has been going on today and then try and play catch-up bit by bit.  I also found out unexpectedly that a friend who was a couple of years younger than me had also passed which was a bit of a shock.

Inbetween trying to do everything else, I have had toothache which calms down and then blows up again which is driving me nuts. Sorry not meaning to complain and be negative but very grateful that we have a Dentist. Good job the work is starting soon albeit with some extractions.  I have three months of work to look forward to, which should for the best part put things back into order a little bit although I will have some issues with some of my other teeth probably later next year but we will deal with that when we get to it.  It does not help that I have Vitamin D Deficiency and also the Sjorgen's Syndrome has done a lot of damage as I do not produce moisture in my eyes or in my mouth.  I use eye drops but I just cannot cope with the mouth sprays they are vile.  No one warned me that there were possible issues to face with my teeth when they diagnosed me with this.  However, hey ho what is done is done.  I am nervous but grateful when so many other people have harder issues to deal with.  When it comes to the Dentist I am an out and out coward.  Sorry.

Today weather-wise has been absolutely gorgeous it has been lovely to see the sun.

We discussed whether we were going to the fish man today but decided in retrospect no; probably next week but not this.  Then we decided we were going to have Sunday dinner tomorrow so decided on the spur of the moment to go to my favourite Bucher's Johnson's of Old Hurst.

We had a lovely drive out across the fens and it was busy when we did arrive at Johnsons.  I love their kitchenware department and today found an egg rack in the shape of a Helter Skelter which I quite liked.  Maybe will get another time when we go again if they have them in then.

We came away with a nice selection of items, some Italian flavoured chicken breasts, some Lincolnshire sausages, two Barnsley Chops, two Rib Eye steaks and a Rib of Beef for tomorrow's lunch.  That should do us for this week. Am hoping to be able to have a few more salads this week if the weather stays nice.

We also bought some cheese as we were low, just a cheddar this time.  Have also bought a few new to us preserves as well.  

Recently we had bought a jar of Silverskin onions in balsamic vinegar.  



I am a bit funny about any kind of preserved onions especially after having home made all my life, so these were bought on the basis that if we did not like them then I could always use them up in a casserole or a stew.  Well that was the thinking anyway.  However I absolutely love them, so will be looking to make my own later in the season when it comes to pickling time.

Today's finds were a set of four chutneys from the Snowdonia Cheese Company to go with their lovely cheese.  






The two I came home with were a Tomato and Vodka chutney and a Rhubarb and Gin chutney.  They are only small jars, a taster really although not cheap but if it helps me make up my mind as to whether I like the combination of ingredients for said preserve then every so often I do try them out.  If we like, then I look around for a recipe or play myself with ingredients to come up with something..  I am hoping these two new ones work out.  i am a great one for having chutney with my cheese and crackers, or with bread or with salads as they complement the cheese or charcuterie you are serving them with and give them a bit more oomph.  So we shall see how these work out.

Unexpectedly OH then treated us to lunch out.  I had a Sausage Baguette (with Heinz Ketchup) no photo sorry and a Latte which went down very nicely.  I then had a piece of Coffee and Walnut cake which was as light as a feather -  I should not have had it as I am trying to cut down on sugar intake a bit but it spoke to me and it was delightful. I will never go to heaven.  I must say it was nice to go out for something to eat again and it was reasonably warm which is always a bonus.






I also managed to locate some ginger jam which is a favourite of mine especially spread on thick toast.  A rare treat as I had used up what I had made.



OH is day fishing on Monday so in the nicest possible way I am pleased as I have plans to turf out the bedroom whilst he is absent.  He cannot cope with things being upside down for too long and is a major moaner in this respect which does get me down so if he is out of the way all the better.  I had been hoping to do some craft work but this needs doing first so bedroom it is.  If he is around he gets in the way anyway.  If perchance he does not go well I can always get on with some craft work.  I will not work around him on this kind of a clean through. So those are the plans.  It will be me and Missy in charge again!  It is forecast to be hot on Monday and she is best off in the cool of the house after all she is a pensioner!

Hope everyone is okay.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. Some delish stuff there by the sound of it. I was looking at home-made chutneys at a car boot sale yesterday (first we've been to for about 18 mths - it felt so NORMAL!) but none of them very inspiring. I can't make chutney any more as the vinegar spirits make my asthma bad. I only use it in cooking anyway, rather than with cheese and biscuits.

    Sorry to hear you have so much dental work to be done. We are fortunate to have an NHS dentist - we have to drop back down to Llandovery to see him but it's just half an hour's drive and he's a very good dentist.

    I hope that the bedroom clearout goes well. I have started to paint ours (blue to replace the ashes of roses pink in there!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts