Another job off the list

We were supposed to go out to Oundle Farmer's Market this morning but never made it.  I had a rough night where I had been out in a dead sleep, then woke with a start in the early hours and could not get back to sleep again.  I then nodded off and slept through the alarm.  

I have set about my Larder fridge this afternoon scrubbing it within an inch of its life, and returned it to its former splendour.  Not easy handling drawers that do not fit in your sink.  However, although only one job it is another job of my never-ending list which I am pleased about.  The past month or so it has been neglected but I am eager to get back into good habits with my cooking.  So a good scrub up it was.  Some items I need to prep ahead and I needed the space in the fridge to do this.  So that is a very big tick off the check list.  I have also organised food within the fridge a little better than it was.  I have room for storing my home made soup now.


Once I am totally happy with the kitchen organisation which I am still not and things keep getting re-organised I can then set too and start some baking.  Well I might do a bit here and there beforehand.

I still have not got my onions.  Will nip round tomorrow to see if they have any they are not from the veg shop but the Asian shop around the corner. I differentiate the shops, as next door to the Asian shop is the Polish shop and both of them sell similar things. They are £2 a net and very good onions for the money.



This evening we have had a very large chicken Kiev each. (Correction not a Kiev we think some kind of peppered chicken - very nice though, so a bit of a mystery).  In any event, I succumbed and we are having chips again but I think that will be it for the week.  I never have many in any event but I just do not like the bought chips or the chips in restaurants or takeaways.  Perhaps am a bit too fussy.



I received a letter from the Consultant Rheumatologist this morning after my recent appointment with them.  They are relatively pleased with me, controlling the medical conditions I do have.  However it would seem that my Vitamin D is up the creek and has been termed "inadequate".  I am on a Vitamin D pill in any event.  They have asked the GP to deal with it.  Perhaps that is why I have been feeling so tired recently.  Aw well as long as the rest of the conditions are behaving themselves, will get this dealt with.  I have already received my yearly appointment for next year with the Consultant Rheumatologist. They lost me for two years with Covid Pandemic.  At least I am being looked after which I do appreciate.

I have been working on my knitting piece again.  It is growing slowly, still too slowly for me to show what I am doing.  Needs to be a bit more along the way before then.  It is time consuming, but I am very pleased with how it is panning out. It is not a rush project, there is no timeline on it as I want it to look as best as it can.  I can knit, but I am not a natural knitter.  There are still quite a few bits I do not know how to do but I am finding that some of the You Tube Tutorials are very helpful.

Right must get on.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Thank you for the effort of making this beautiful blog; discovered it only last week. It is so cosy and real! Warm greetings from a grey and windy Belgium! Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie and welcome, thank you for your kind words they are much appreciated. I visited Belgium and lived there for about seven weeks when I was about seven years of age. Stayed with my friend's family who went back to look after Grandmother every year whilst her brother had time off as she used to live with them. Discovered all sorts of lovely food there including chocolate spread, and beautiful chocolate bars and lots of traditional food, pastries, croissants. yummy. I hope the weather brightens up for you. Take care Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts