Catch up and Update on the Throw and other crafting

Monday

Meals on Monday were nice and simple.  We had poached eggs on toast for breakfast and then I set too and did some baking and made a load of Sausage Rolls some of which were served hot for tea, with a full cold pick and mix spread of coleslaw, salad, cheese, pickles, chutney etc.  I was in picking mode and so was OH.  However it went down very nicely.  Otherwise it was another quiet day where I got stuck in on a bit of knitting.

Tuesday

After all the cooking of the past few days, I am inclined towards simplicity and ease than to getting stuck in full throttle with the cooking.  

We had a bought pie known as "Moo and Blue" Pie, with mash and gravy.  Comfort food after another long and grey cloudy day which has been a little warmer, but it is still damp.  Needless to say it went down very nicely.

After all the richness of the Christmas eating I am yearning for simpler food.

Wednesday

We have had a pick n mix meal again using up the ham, pickles, fresh apple, and also some egg mayonnaise which needed using up.  I had cooked some hard boiled eggs and there was enough for a sandwich each as well.  I am in picky mood with my food at the moment.  I think you need to come up for air every so often.  

Plans for Eating tomorrow

Tomorrow we have steak and chips to have for tea.  Well OH is, I may well have a steak and fried onion sandwich.  My appetite is never as great as his although I do enjoy my food cannot each much.

My Blanket/Throw 

It is coming along very nicely.  25  46 inches now worked which means I am over half way through.  Another 14 inches to knit.  As I am working it, it is resting on my lap, and is extremely snuggly and warm.  I am now on the second ball of wool which is predominantly acrylic based but does have 20% wool in it.  As I have said the wool is from my mum's stash.  I do not think there will be enough to do the fringing as well.  As long as I can match the colour then I am quite happy to fringe it in a different Aran wool of which I have plenty.

At the moment I want to knit another one because this one is so light and cosy and will be ideal for when snuggled up watching the TV.  Not sure when it will be finished but me being me I am looking forward and planning the next one.  Personally I do not think you can have two many throws as they are so useful.

Once this first blanket is completed, I shall start another one on the basis that I started this one. Another pick up and put down project.  I hate to waste any little segments of time, and cannot sit without having something to do in my hands.  I am hoping to get this finished before New Year, but I think I am being a tad optimistic. I will as I am so close probably finish this before going back to other UFOs.

I will be concentrating on my Cross Stitch quilt initially as I want to get that out the way with and finished.  The added bonus of doing the knitting is that it is keeping my fingers flexible.

I am at my happiest when I can craft and am looking forward to when we can get down to the caravan again in beautiful Cornwall so that I can indulge in some serious crafting.  I prefer by choice to be able to work all the way through a project to see it to completion but in reality that often does not happen and I have to snatch moments to actually get some work done, that is why a blanket of some description is an ideal pick me up put me down item whether that be knitted or crocheted.  As I have said before it is for me something out of nothing which accumulates over time and gives an additional item.  Bit like the freebies I manage to get out of ingredients on the food front.

I think I may have also mentioned numerous times before that I also have a host of other projects that are being lined up to do.  Some UFOs, some new kits with a Christmas theme to start with as it is high time that they were worked and completed to put up with my other Christmas items.  Hopefully this will add more of a personalised theme to my house styled items and decorations for next Christmas.

I have some beautiful embroidery kits that I want to get stuck into to, but I want to get some more of the UFOs done as well, so might intermingle them so that I am finishing one off and then having a new item to go to.

Despite all this, and despite me wishing to complete my first blanket before New Year if I can and just into if I cannot, as I have said it is my wish to have another blanket on the go, probably at all times until I have a nice stash of them.  I actually miss the knitting of an evening if I do not do any (and that is coming from a person who considers herself a non-knitter). I think that this is ideal for me in these winter months, I think it will be one of my go to crafts for a while. I will probably only work this of an evening when I do not have enough light to work on embroidery projects as easily.  I am still after a magnifying craft light, but not yet found one that takes my fancy but it will appear when the time is right. Everything comes at the right time and space.

I also have a couple of crochet blankets that need completing as well (both UFOs) although in reality they never take me that long to work, I have always found crochet a lot quicker than knitting.

Earlier in the evening, I started to do some house-keeping on my Email account as well, deleting old messages, which has been time-consuming and my email box was swearing at me that there was hardly any room at the Inn! I have managed to get rid of an awful lot of emails this evening, but had to stop after a couple of hours as it was sending me slightly crackers.  There are quite a few items I want to keep in any event, so am having to check them as I go along.  It is going to take me quite a few days, but if I can do a little each day as well as get rid of those on a daily basis I stand a chance of tidying things up quite nicely so that my computer is more efficient to use.  I need it to be a little quicker than it is which I think is down to so many messages not being deleted.  Will get there, but it needs to be something that I do from hereon in on a daily basis.  I think that the easiest way of dealing with this until I get it sorted is by allocating time on a daily basis to the housekeeping but also time for writing posts for the blog and Instagram.  Will see how it goes in any event.

Sorry this post is very "bitty", but not much has really been going on.  Things have been very quiet and I am trying to use the time for getting myself sorted out just a little bit or on doing a little crafting.  I have a lot on my plate for the next few weeks and I am hopeful that once sorted out, we will be able to get away down to the caravan for a few days. We will have to wait and see what is going on in the wider world first and whether we will be able to move freely or whether there will be restrictions put in place preventing that happening.  Some of it will be down to the weather as well.

Hope everyone has had a peaceful and relaxing Christmas and for those who have been affected by Covid, my heart goes out to you and hope that you or yours make a speedy recovery.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Enjoy your crafting. Looking forward to seeing your completed throw soon.

    I have been working on my x-stitch William de Morgan tile design, but can't spend too long at it as my hips have been hurting from leaning at a bad angle. Must move my craft light a little closer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you BB. Hopefully should be finished by the end of next week if I keep at it like have for the past week. Fingers crossed and toes plaited. Your cross stitch sounds lovely. You mention your hips have been hurting a lot whilst you work. I get a lot of hip problems and it has been mentioned that I might have bursitis i.e. the fluid sacs around the joints become inflamed which makes the joints swell as well. Apparently It can be treated I think they do so with steroid injections to start with. You might try spraying with Deep Freeze or Bio Freeze which help ease the pain but allows you to get on with things. The Bio Freeze is my preferred one but either are both effective. Happy New Year to both you and Keith xx Keep safe Tricia x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts