Friday

Has been another quietish day and I pootled into town as I needed a few bits and bobs for the house.  I hit B & M and saw all sorts of things that I needed for the pantry shelf at quite reasonable prices, but as I did not have the capacity to bring all that stuff home with me today, as I was on my own, I have decided to go back, probably with my bright and spotty purple shopping trolley (you cannot miss me) to carry as much as I can to a usual pick up spot so that I do not have to walk all the way home with it.  A lot of bargains in there at present, a lot of it very useful in providing a meal of sorts from a tin can store, dried items, sauces and condiments and basics like coffee, tea, baking bits and bobs and of course lots of practical items to help in the home.

I did however, find two heart shaped Christmas Wreaths which had been reduced for £2 apiece (I think although maybe wrong that they were originally £6 apiece) and so they have come home with me in readiness for next year's Christmas decorating.  The wreaths fit in very well with my country-cross-traditional-Victorian style of decorating.

I have also come away with some cup a soup's - I think these were £1 a box OH likes these and some mug shots at 60p a packet the sweet and sour ones.  I like B & M for tinned stuff generally and they had some very decent offers on at the moment.

A pair of thermal gloves also jumped off the shelf at me.  I am feeling the cold very badly again at the moment and am needing the gloves.  I have been using a very thin pair of gloves, but I could potentially wear these under the new ones to keep my digits functioning properly. I have Raynaud's Syndrome where my fingers go blue and I feel like I have ice water running through my hands.  I then take absolutely ages to get my hands going again and getting them warm. The gloves were £2.99 for plain black ones.  I normally buy the cheaper plain gloves from Primark they are about £0.99 a pair which I do not object to as I am a beggar at losing them.  I am considering threading them on elastic and popping them through my coat like we used to have as children. Fortunately I do have good coats even though my really good one is down in Cornwall at the moment, the one I have here does sterling service.  I really need a good wool full length coat which would be a bit dressier for going out.  My Marmot feather one though is as warm as toast.

I have also managed to get my Kitchen Garden Magazine, the Grow Your Own food magazine and my Quilting magazine today and so I am looking forward to a really good browse later on.  There are lots of free seeds too.  One of the packets did make me chuckle though, some Rocket seed known as "Tricia - All Year Round".  Is somebody trying to tell me something!   I need to sort my seed box out and get some stuff underway, but the weather will have to be a little warmer for me to venture out.

Here are the Kitchen Garden's Freebie Seeds







And here are the Grow Your Own Seeds









Quite a good and varied selection.

Tomorrow I will be back to cleaning again and more washing and ironing.  I suspect I will be mostly housebound but I do need another sack of potatoes and some more onions and most definitely a tray of eggs.  I also need some fresh veggies for Sunday dinner, and also during the week.

Whilst I was out earlier on OH has been to the local Butcher.  He has come back with 1kg of Stewing Meat, three bags of mince which were on offer, a pork pie, a rolled Loin Pork joint for Sunday dinner.  He also came back with a couple of steaks.  A Rib Eye for me and he has chosen to have a Sirloin steak.  They are for tomorrow night's tea with some home made chips and maybe a side salad and a green Peppercorn sauce.

Today I have also managed to find some Aran wool to match in as best it can with the woollen blanket I am knitting so I am hoping that it will not be too noticeable.  That will teach me next time to make sure that I have enough wool for the project I am working.  Never mind these things are sent to try us.

I have had to buy some more new coat-hangers today.  I prefer wooden coat-hangers, but you cannot always locate them these days.  I like to pad and cover the more traditional shaped single hangers with a bit of lace and some beadwork, however I have not been able to locate these for some time.  The larger bulkier wooden hangers are available from Wilko at five for £3, and so I have come away with 20 hangers today.  I have had to replace some of the black plastic ones I have had for these sturdier ones.  A good coat-hanger keeps the shape of your clothes better.

This evening have done a little more knitting.  Still have quite a way to go though.  Well at least something is getting done.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x
















Comments

  1. Some good reading matter there then Tricia. I used to get that Quilting mag every month, but just get Homes & Antiques now, and have a 6 mth Country Living subscription as there were lots of goodies with it, so a good buy.

    Nothing doing in my garden this week as it has been very cold and trying to snow, and today just plain WET and miserable (and not that noticably warmer either!)

    I had planned a walk I'd not done before but the weather's put paid to that - x-stitch it is then!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts