Planning for Christmas 2022 Decorations and Household Stuff

Yes I know, far too early for some of you.  However, I am going to be getting things together all through this year of various elements and as I find them in readiness for Christmas.  Not just on the Christmas present front, but items for the home by way of decorations both bought and home made and vintage when I can afford or find them.  So occasionally through the year I will do a little catch-up of items I have managed to gather together in readiness for the same whether they be bought or made.

I went to B & M yesterday and found a couple of reduced items.  these were a couple of artificial heart shaped wreath's that appear to have been about £6 each and which I managed to get for £2 apiece.  They have joined some of my other wreath and garland decorations and have been packed away for next year.



By the time I hit B & M I was fairly loaded up and had not taken my trolley with me, so I was unable to bring back everything I saw, but I shall try and get back in the week to see if some of the other things I saw are still there (non-foodie items more Christmas orientated).  Fingers crossed they are.

In past years I have acquired items for both a gold coloured Christmas table setting, individual pieces that I have bought together.  I still need a few more items in this respect.

However, I also have a silver coloured/themed table sitting as well.  I bought the M & S tall Deer table centre a few years ago, and have some Mercury glass candleholders, and a mirror for down the centre of the table, but still need to acquire a few more pieces for this version.  Silver is a complete change for me as I tend to go "gold" with most things, but it is nice to ring the changes.  So I shall be looking out on Ebay and also in the Charity shops to see if I can add to these collections.  This includes glassware as well.  I am also looking to do some beadwork decorations as well this year. I am particularly thinking baubles as I quite like the idea of having two freestanding twig trees painted silver, and then decorated with individual hand beaded baubles so that the light tinkles through them.

So for me an unexpected start to Christmas 2022 as I had not expected to find anything left as I have left it quite late for going into town in any event.  I must say it cheered me up a little bit in any event as I have had fatigue (lack of energy) for the past couple of days and have not been able to do much.  Have to go with the flow.

So just a few outline ideas for what I am looking for at the moment for Christmas 2022.  Lots to do before then though.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Those are pretty. Now we are in a much smaller house, we have to limit what comes in or we'd be having just a pathway through "stuff"!! I have LOTS to get rid of too, so it will be an Ebay year, but not much sells in January so I will start next month. I'd prefer to get something for my books, rather than just give them away. Ditto some beautiful expensive curtains I have.

    Enjoy your planning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts