Attacking the dining room

 ......it has been the Dining room's turn for a good scrub out today and as I have currently got my tumble drier in here, it has been slightly re-sited to making getting in and out easier.  In reality this is not really a dining room but a journey through room and the room where stuff gets left.  I also have my larder fridge in here.  There is just no room in the kitchen for a proper sized fridge or indeed a tumble drier or a freezer.  The kitchen is that tiny and then there is a downstairs bathroom tacked on the end.  There is also no room in bathroom come to that and so you have to make the best of what you have.  This room is going to have to be re-papered soon, will get to it shortly.  That will be another learning curve for me.   I am quite happy at stripping down have done that lots in the past, just never actually wallpapered.

Currently having a five minute sit down before I commence again.  Also put some more stuff in the cupboard under the stairs.  I am hoping later this week to paint out the under-stairs cupboard and also the fireplace cupboard and then get them more organised so that I can access things a lot more easily.  There is a top shelf in the under-stairs cupboard that needs sorting out in particular and once that is cleared should be able to put some more equipment up there out of the way.

We had steak again for tea this evening.  This time with proper vegetables. I have cooked mashed potato, petit-pois, carrots, cauliflower and there is lots of onion gravy.  Decided that I was fed up having steak with chips or a steak sandwich which is normally what OH wants.  For me a Sunday is a proper dinner day (call me old fashioned) and as we decided not to have a joint this week, I still wanted a proper meal.  Yes it is a bit of faffing about, but then anything worth doing is worth the effort and the time and for me food is a big thing.  I know one thing OH is very good at demolishing it!

Loads of washing going on as I have been through the linen closet as well so everything on the linen and clothing front has all been washed as well.  Has been a marathon session.

On checking the Sourdough starters seemed to be splitting, and after reading the instructions on Paul Hollywood's recipes it was suggested that if this happened to add a little more flour before actually getting into the process of feeding the starter which I have done and it seems to have done the job.  I start the official process of feeding them tomorrow.  I will be making a Wholemeal or Rye starter as well as I like a bit of brown bread in my diet. I also do not want to be over-reliant on one particular starter.

I will pop up further details tomorrow as I do not want to drive everyone scranny over Sourdough!

Right must dash.   Lots of work still to do.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts