The Front Bedroom and Clothes Closet Part Two and Other bits and bobs

The clothes closet is nearly finished. A lot of washing and ironing has been accomplished. It is however not all completed as yet.  Nor are all the clothes back into the closet although quite a lot has already been put back in!  I will pop up a final post when it is all completed.






The mirror has yet to be hung, but more or less everything else is done in there.  

At the moment I cannot get into the closet again as I am sorting out a load of boxes that have collapsed, sorting out the rubbish and what I want to keep.  I have found loads of UFOs and indeed have pulled down some parted knitted super chunky wool that I had managed to start on two different jumpers with, with only one set of wool (accidents happen). I had worked the backs on both garments!  Oohps.  Both different patterns (bigger Oohps). So I just now have the wool.  That is all packed into my big wicker basket with other wool and knitting implements, including my wool holder.  Surprising what you find when having a tidy out.

I therefore now have available to me the wool for another jumper to hand for when I finish the two colours of wool that I have already identified to use for jumpers for me.  That is great news, however I still want to go looking for further wool so that I have something waiting to go on the needles and do not run out of something to do.  I crochet as well. 

The first one is the Lilac one which is currently being worked. The back is done and the front is nearly done. A further update on that will come later in the week. 

I also have a mint green Aran wool jumper to knit up as well. I might use the same pattern as I have used for the Lilac one, just so that I can really crack the pattern.  However, the jury is still out on that one.  If I find another pattern who knows.  

The wool I found today is a mixture of Turquoises of different shades and depths.  Therefore potentially another knitted garment for me to go on the needles in due course.  In the crafting basket there are also some other balls of wool, but not enough to do a garment in with what I have here.  I believe I have some more of the wool elsewhere.  The elsewhere is the unknown quantity at the moment so it is all stacked in the basket until I can locate it.

However, much to my dismay I have found a load of single needles. I have not chucked them out as I am going to check through my needle bags to see if their counterparts have already been saved as I found them (as I find odd needles I do tend to pop them into the nearest available knitting bag).

Confusingly, I have a lot of old inherited old English sized needles as well as metric needles.  Some were used by my Great Aunt Ivy, some my Nan and some my Mum and some from my Mother-in-Law (Ivy, Florence, June and Jessie).  In due course I will probably pare them down and then send the ones I do not need on to the charity shop, but at the moment that will be a job for another day.  As long as they are all in a similar location, that will make it easier to sort when I have a few minutes.

I have also located a Tub filled with fabric, including more Christmas Stocking panels to be made up into Christmas Stockings.  I seem to have a thing about Christmas stockings perhaps because we had a plain pillowcase and they are so much prettier (although a pillowcase is much more practical)!  I also found lots of other fabrics which will be suitable for making some tree decorations and some patchwork and maybe a small clutch bag in due course.

There was a fantastic sunset again tonight, although the light and colouring was quite weird to start with.  It did however turn into a beautiful sunset especially with the trees silhouetted against it.










Today has been OH's birthday.  It has been low key at his request.  We have had a nice tea; something he really likes, steak, home made chips and a couple of fried eggs this time round.

We have also had a sampling of a new to us flavoured Gin, The Bombay Bramble which is a Raspberry and Blackberry Gin.  I cannot drink Gin neat, it always has to be well watered down, but it was lovely in a tumbler of lemonade.  Very refreshing which is what I want from a drink these days. Another lovely one for the cabinet.






I have also found several more books that I have not read yet.  Some of them were my mum and dad's.  The ones I do not want have been sorted out into the charity bag.  There are quite a few to go.  I never find it easy getting rid of books as they are my friends. It still leaves quite a few more for me to read.  I love reading it has always been one of my mainstay hobbies.  Unfortunately, at the moment I am not able to get to this yet.  It will happen.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Glad to hear that is one room organized and all the clothing spruced up. Glad you have some new wool to use up through those two differing patterns/same wool. I am right off knitting and crochet these days - it's a small quilt I am making for someone and lots of x-stitch.

    Not much time to read here either, jsut a few pages at bed-time and I managed a chapter of The Blood Card (Elly Griffiths, I recommend ALL her books).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts