Today - Pancakes and Roast Dinners

 .....you will be glad to hear I have had a "Do nothing Day" and I have enjoyed every single moment of it.  

It started in with a generous lay in.  We woke when we woke after being absolutely shattered.

I will quite readily admit that I do not always make things easy for myself, but there is a method in the madness somewhere down the line.

I also enjoy cooking and like feeding people including ourselves.  One of the most substantial ways of grounding yourself down is to eat, especially when your body and your soul is weary.  I find that to have a good grounding meal always lifts the mood, and it is not necessarily down to a sugar rush as in general cooking I tend to use the minimum amount of sugar so that OH can indulge on certain things.  Not everything, there are some things that I make that he cannot have.

I had thought that OH would have bacon and eggs for breakfast this morning, but he decided on fried eggs, with bread and butter so I thought he was going to make a buttie out of them.  He very surprisingly for him, just had them off the plate with the bread and butter separately.

I on the OH had decided that I was going to have a Mandarin orange pancakes dribbled with some single cream that was left over from last night's peaches.  It is surprising how something made from about 8oz of flour, one egg, some milk and a tin of Mandarin oranges can be so simple, so tasty and very filling.  I did not make full pancakes they were a little bit bigger than a medium size, but I built a stack with them with the oranges and cream in between each layer you only need a little dribble and I had a stack of about four pancakes high.  There was enough batter left over for a pancake for OH, with the same treatment of Mandarin oranges and cream.  Just a light sprinkle of sugar substitute on the outside otherwise sugar free.  Even though he was not initially keen as pancakes are my thing, he enjoyed it and so that was breakfast for us this morning.  OH even did the washing and drying  up!  



Equally, this afternoon has been spent leisurely.  I have been on the computer doing some research and general pottering around.  It has been a no work day.  

We were just going to have a roast chicken for tea, but I actually felt in the mood for cooking and so did the full works.  Roast chicken accompanied by roast shallots, quarter wedges of onion and roast potatoes and then accompanied by carrots, kale, peas, cauliflower and mashed potato with lots of lovely gravy.  It was very tasty and went down very nicely indeed.





This evening has been spent quietly, just watching a little TV.  Then I went and fed the starters for the first time.  I am hoping if the starters are lively enough to actually make bread for the first time at the weekend. They may take another feeding yet before they will be ready.  However will report on that in another post update on the Sourdough.  Otherwise have had a lovely low key day.   Just what the Doctor ordered.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts