Be still my Beating Heart

I would just like to thank everyone for their lovely comments over the past week.  It is very much appreciated.

I have to admit it I am going slightly stir crazy.  I am still recuperating and had hoped that within the take it steady period ie the first two weeks that I would be able to do some of my crafting.  In reality I have been far too zonked out to concentrate and on days where I thought would have a go I have not been able to concentrate and more often than not have ended up asleep.  It is all part of the healing process and me listening to my body for a change and is after all early days still.  It is only a week since my actual operation and thus far slowly does it I am healing well and not doing more than I need to do. I never have made a very good patient at the best of times, but I know I cannot rush this.  The residual pain has disappeared. I am sore and tender though I am not taking as much on the pain killer front as I was initially just paracetamol in the morning and if I need during the day.  I am however still taking the Codeine at night to make sure I sleep reasonably well as my back has been playing up because of the way I have been having to sleep propped up on several pillows.  Hopefully that will resolve itself soon.

I am also very aware of the fact that the days are getting lighter that little bit longer each day, and I am wanting to get out and have a look at the wild larder to see what is available locally.  Realistically though it is going to be towards the end of next week before I will be able to do that as bending down is a no no at the moment as it pulls quite a lot and I do not want to cause any further problems.  The inner me though is chomping at the bit just a tad though.  This year I want to get more wild garlic and nettles put up for use through the year but specifically the winter months.

I am also eager to get down to Cornwall again to the caravan for some peace and quiet and some serious crafting time. We can go out and walk in beautiful surroundings, or stay at the van and do something we want to do. This time round the sewing machine and the patchwork will be going with me as well as some other stuff to get out of the way with.  I am hoping in the next few days that I will be able to settle and get some of my current projects on the knitting front out of the way with.  Fingers crossed and toes plaited👍.  When it comes to crafting if you are not in the right mood to deal with it, then it is not worth picking it up as it will only reflect in the quality of your work.  Well that is how it is for me, I am the same with cooking.

I am in the kitchen tonight, I am preparing a good old fashioned warming stew.  OH has tried his best on the catering front and I have had some interesting eats.  At least he has had a go. He knows that there is stuff I cannot do, but I can prep and coax the stew along in the Ninja Foodie.  He will have to do all the carting around and lifting though I just cannot do it.  We just need to get through to Missy that I cannot bend down to play ball with her at the moment.  She keeps fetching her ball and dripping it at my feet and then looking expectantly for me to play with her.  OH is having to take over these duties for the time being.

Tea in the end was not too bad and filled the hungry spot with some mashed potato.  Plenty left for tomorrow.

I am watching what I am eating.  Probably am drinking more than I used to.  Peppermint tea has been a very good go to for me.  One of the Nurses recommended and it has certainly helped my digestion.  It has also been a good drink to have overnight whether hot or cold, very soothing and refreshing.  I am also making sure that I am having more roughage in the diet as well.  Thus far things seem to be going well.  I am far more comfortable than I have been for a long while and am certainly not having any illness issues which I was experiencing pretty regularly.  I am still being sensible though and if I do not feel like much to eat I am going with that rather than eating for the sake of things.

Right am now completely knackered after cooking tea.  Am off to put my feet up.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. Glad to hear that your procedure is over and you are on the mend, albeit a bit sore. I hope you are able to do some knitting soon, and get away to Cornwall for that longed-for break. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts