March slowly slips in

Today we are into another month, it is St David's Day, Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day) and is the third month of the year. The months are slipping away far too quickly for my liking or perhaps  I am starting to realise that I have far too much living to do.  Covid and the War in Ukraine, as well as increases in most bills, but particularly fuel costs are also impacting on this fragile world of ours. I am hopeful that the people of Ukraine come out of this awful situation with their freedom.  Freedom that we in the West take so much for granted. 

Today I feel as though my wings have been clipped. I have attended the Drive through Covid Testing Tent at Peterborough City Hospital and participated in the Covid testing.  I am now in self-isolation until Friday.  I have been told that I will only hear something from the hospital if there is a problem and it will be by telephone call. Otherwise the surgery will progress as planned on Friday.

I went to the Chemist this morning and topped  up with Paracetamol and also one or two other bits and bobs which are going to be needed. We are reasonably topped up with food for the next few days in any event.

I must say that at the start of this journey last year, I had been told that there was a year and a half backlog on the surgery due to the fact that the lists had been closed for quite sometime before that.  I therefore am grateful and class myself as lucky at being processed so quickly. 

We are having a simple scratch tea this evening.  Chipolata sausages cooked with tinned tomatoes and plenty of white pepper.  This is served with plain bread.  Very much a family favourite and something that my Mum used to cook from when we were small as a filling and tasty but simple supper.  Basically a quantity of the Chipolatas or Sausages are grilled, turning the tray around several times until browned on both sides and so that you get evenly cooked food.  You do not want them overdone as they will get more cooking with the tomatoes in any event.   You then add tinned tomatoes I used Plum tomatoes but you can use what you want to i.e. chopped, cherry tomatoes.  One tin of tomatoes for two of you a couple of tins if there are four or more of you with about eight to ten sausages or more.  Plenty of white pepper added to the tomatoes.

This is a good tea to have if you have plenty to do but still want to feed the family something very filling.  

We are going to have Pancakes for after (well I am) served with some tinned fruit and some cream.  OH may well just have tinned fruit and cream.

As suspected, OH had the peaches and cream I had my pancakes filled with peach slices, single cream and some Peach Cobbler sauce with a hint of cinnamon.  They were delicious.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts