Books





Are a very important part of my life, always have been and always will be.  For me books on the computer are not the same as having a book in your hand, to feel the turn of the page and the paper between your fingertips.  It is so much more a tactile experience than getting screen blurry reading from the computer -screen. Although the computer does play its part, what if we were not able to access them.  There is then a wealth of information on it that we cannot access.  We therefore do still need books and there is always room for them in my home.

Here are some (I emphasise that this is only a tiny portion of the books I do have) of the books that I have been using recently in planning some of my recent projects.  Some have been bought from charity shops, some brand new.  Each one is an integral item in my book collection.  Each of them offers something different and very special.  Recipes, crafts and inspiration are all contained within their pages.  

This little book though is worth its weight in gold, especially if you like baking.  I learned to cook from a predecessor of this little gem, my mum's 1950 version. I do still have this although the pages have segregated.  Want to bake then invest in a copy of the Be-Ro book.  They are still available from the Be-Ro website.  The link is here:

Be-Ro Cookbook 41st Edition


Right am off to porrter, work to do when all I really feel like doing is curling up and reading a book.  Cannot always do what we want to do.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts