Mixed Bag

Today has been a mixed bag of things to do and things going on.  I was up early and pottering around whilst OH was out for the count.

It was also Covid-Booster day, and we were given the option of having the Flu jab as well.  For medical reasons we have to have the Flu one every year in any event.  We therefore tootled off and got that all sorted.  I felt this one today; we received the Moderna version in our left arms and the flu jab in the other arm.  My left arm is slightly heavy at the moment, but otherwise appear to be okay.  So that is done and dusted until the next one is required.

We also nipped off to the Butcher's again after being dealt with at the Covid vaccine centre.  Have come away with some Torpedo Prawns (Tempura covered prawns (crevettes) which are to die for).  I usually have these with some sweet Chilli sauce.  They are a favourite and a huge treat when we do source them.

Also purchased a small Rib joint for dinner tomorrow night, a couple of Pork pies, a bag of Arborio rice, I have a recipe I want to have a go at,  some really fresh veg, Leeks, Parsnips (for Roasties tomorrow), a Head of Broccoli, a Cauliflower and some cooking apples (fallers from the Orchards at the farm which were sold at 50p per kilo a price not to be sniffed at).  I bought 3 kilos.  Will make use of them.  Probably some Apple Pie filling.  All told the veg side of things at the Butcher came to £8.60 which I did not think was too bad considering the size and amount of the veg.




I also paid a visit to the Veg shop.  They had a beautiful large Head of Cabbage £1 (The cabbage is a whopper and is in the first picture above), three bowls of Oranges £1 x 3 = £3, two bowls of peppers £1 x 2 = £2, 24 peaches (peaches were four for £1) = £6).  I have bought these for bottling in syrup).  The other day I also bought four bowls of Lemons, and a bowl of Oranges, and some small oranges and two bags of apples.  You can do an awful lot with good quality vegetables and fruit. I have a lot of projects planned for this little lot, which you will find out about during the course of this week.








Therefore, there is a lot to do, lots to preserve, and it looks as though I am being gifted some home-grown runner beans which I love.  I am hopeful that there will be enough to make a small quantity of Piccalilli for OH.  Will have to hide it though, as he will eat the lot in a fairly short space of time.

There are lots of projects on the cards and to be ticked off the never-ending list, and lots more jars to add to the Pantry Shelves with a bit of luck.  Hopefully will be able to get stuck in a bit tomorrow!

The weather is certainly turning colder.  I have added another jumper to my list, and the hot water bottle has been brought out of retirement to keep my feet warm.

Hoping I can get out for a forage on Monday for some more Wild stuff.

Have a lovely evening everyone.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I had my covid booster on Friday. Unlike previous times, I had after effects - namely that I spent Saturday feeling like my arm had been kicked by a horse. OK ish today though. Flu jab next month. I'm considering making piccalilli this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Angela, we have both been rough as well; feels as if kicked by a horse and something leaden is holding both arms down, and having trouble moving freely at the moment. We had the Flu one in the other arm and that hurts just as badly too. Grateful that we have had though, as I think the new variants are a lot more damaging. Am going to have a steady day today. Hope you do too. Take care the pair of you xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts