Not too clever

Today has been a bit of a washout in that, I have not been hundred per cent today after the Covid Booster and the Flu Booster injections of yesterday.  Boy, have I hurt, in nearly every joint and have been very stiff moving about today as a result. I also feel as though I have a bad chill. Sleeping was a little difficult as could not lay on either side, because of both arms kicking off.  Oh well, it is what it is.  Just taking it very steady and not doing very much.  Not even up for doing Sunday dinner either.

Therefore, just resting up today.  I had planned on doing several preserving bits and bobs.  That will now have to wait until tomorrow.  

I have however received the gifted home-grown runner beans from my stepson's father-in-law; grown down in the Forest of Dean.  Must say that they look very good.  Enough for doing some Piccalilli for OH.  Will be off for some veggies tomorrow to do this (hopefully).  I am very grateful for these. Thank you to Jerry who grew them and to Paul and Louise who shared themx



As a result, today I have been kind to myself and am just resting up.  It does mean that I got to see a really old Agatha Christie Miss Marple movie "Murder she said" with Margaret Rutherford in the lead Miss Marple and transplanting herself to a local mansion where she gets employed as a maid.  Very tongue in cheek.  With Guy Kennedy playing the Dr. (Black and white) with James Robinson Justice, and Joan Hickson (who in this version played a maid she later went on to play Miss Marple on a regular basis). I remembered the music, which was jaunty and very cheeky that accompanied this movie. Very much music of the times.  I do like watching old movies especially on a Sunday afternoon.  Sunday afternoon's during the colder months are a pre-requisite especially if they are old ones.  I am just a sucker for a good movie.  I got to see another one straight after "The Crooked House", starring Glen Close.  That was good as well.

Today was not what I planned, but obviously what I needed.  Will have to get stuck in on the preserving projects tomorrow of which there are several.

In the meantime, I am researching which recipes I want to use and writing notes out for execution tomorrow. Things get a bit hap-hazard being written out on the backs of old envelopes etc. or just the bare bones. Fingers crossed everything goes to plan.

I have checked the weather forecast for tomorrow.  At the moment it appears to be a dull day. I am hoping to go foraging tomorrow afternoon in any event; (weather permitting); it may therefore be ideal weather for me to getting a few more things sorted out for that Pantry shelf and indeed for gathering stuff for decorations.

The Dehydrator will be dragged out soon.  Some of the bits that I intend to gather tomorrow (all need drying first) and for storage purposes to make second batches from dried items in the early part of next year. Take for instance, it is a family tradition to dry Rosehips and then make a couple of batches of Rosehip wine in the early months of the year.  My Nan used to do this on her Rayburn, Mum used to do them in her oven, and I use my dehydrator.




I have managed to make another jar of Fermented Honey and Lemons to add to the stash.  My friend Tracy at Our Smallholding Adventure who has her own blog here Our Smallholding Adventure Blog.  Tracy also has a presence on Instagram first introduced me to this. There are now two jars of this lovely preserve on the shelf.  I shall add to this number as I intend to have some of this everyday with some cider vinegar and hot water first thing of a morning to see if it will help with the arthritis.  I think the immune response to the Booster jabs has triggered an attack.  I have several Lemon things want to make and will be hopefully sourcing more Lemons in due course.  OH, has not been too good either.  Just very glad in the greater scheme of things that we have been afforded the immunisation despite the side-effects. I always seem to react!

For tea tonight we have had a few Tempura Torpedo Prawns with some chilli sauce.  They were very tasty and have gone down very nicely.  They are not cheap, but they are very nice.



Halfway through cooking.  You cook them for 18 minutes but turn them over half-way through.




The finished product!




It will be an early night, I think.  Hugging my hot water bottle!
Hopefully things will be back to "normal" for us anyways tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. Sorry to hear you had a bad reaction to the latest jabs. Another blogger said she slept for nearly 2 days solid after her booster, but she is a good deal older than us. Our daughters have just bought Keith an early birthday present in the form of a heated blanket you sit under in the day. It's brilliant and saves us putting the heating on when Keith is cold and I am not. We have always had an electric blanket for the bed too - cheaper to run than boiling up the kettle for a hotty botty! Hope you feel better today and can get back to the preserving.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts