A quiet Day

I have my feet up at the moment as I am not firing on all cylinders.  Am therefore taking a little time out as that is what the body and soul is asking for.  My arm is still playing up which is also restricting what I can do at the moment in any event. I am managing to crochet okay as it is a gentle pace that I am working at. Therefore, a change of tack is needed.  I cannot sit still and do nothing I am just not built like that.  Even when listening to the TV (I listen a lot) I usually have something else on the go and sometimes am even writing a post for the blog.

At the moment, I am sat in the warm trying to finish my crochet blanket project.  I think I may need a little more wool for it to get it to the length that I want it.  However, once completed it will be a good job out of the way with.  At least I am adding more rows rather than it just sat staring at me.  It is a throw for the front room so that when I am sat down, then I will have something to cover me up with.  The blanket/throw is going to be warm as it has been partly over my legs whilst I have been working it and is cosy.  

I am trying to address projects on a one-by-one basis. I tend to get stuck in and work quite a bit on something then I get dragged off (usually by something happening in real life); I put it up in a bag and then forget about it.  Then need a project so I end up starting something else.  This time, I am desperately trying not to do this.  It is going to take a while to work through all the projects, but I need to get back on track with this. The winter months are ideal for this, but I need to get into a routine so that I can start clearing items off the list and have set periods of doing this or doing that. I need to find my Mo-jo again.  It seems to have left the building.

Have managed to do quite a bit this evening on the blanket which I am pleased about. Have had to start another ball of wool this evening, which leaves me two further ones to work through.  Think will need some more in due course.  Hopefully will be able to work out how much more I actually need.

Right am off to do some more.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. It helps to finish the unfinished projects first as not so much of them to do and such a feeling of satisfaction to finish something, though I know the lure of an exciting new project is difficult to avoid! Hope you get this blanket finished soon and in use before it gets cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB, this one is the one I started on holiday in May. Have hardly touched any crafting since came back, but this is getting finished as are a couple of other items already started. I have not started anything new as I want these out of the way with and put into use. I want to get to UFOs but do not always get the opportunity to do so which is dependent on what is going on elsewhere. However I will get there x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts