A quieter day today

 As I overslept and did not feel too clever earlier on.  We have had rain again and I am pretty sure that this affects me, as I stiffen up considerably and it is like I am dealing with an alien in my own body.  What passes for a brain gives instructions and it is like watching things in slow motion (that is what the fatigue does) very frustrating.  Copious amounts of the Bio Freeze spray have also been used today, and I have had some Paracetamol. This is despite the fact that I do a series of stretches first thing in the morning, as I find it helps me start the day off well. Now I do not consider myself particularly ancient and I certainly still have a lot of living to do, so it is grit the teeth and try and keep busy.  Have had a few breaks in-between though.  

I have also bottomed the cooker out and given that a major cleaning, not that it was horrific it just needed doing so I am well chuffed that part of the clean-up is finished.  All that is needed now is OH with his screwdriver so that I can clean the oven door glass.  I am a bit cack-handed and so that sort of thing is best left to himself as otherwise he will just say have done it wrong!

I feel better than I did although my hands now hurt from using the scouring pads (the well-known one) on the metal shelves.  I have cleaned six of them today.

I still have not got to my baking, and I will sometime in the next few days and now that I can find things reasonably well in the kitchen that will help an awful lot.  Himself, will call him G, has also popped into one of the upper kitchen cupboards a shelf that had fallen down, so I can get quite a bit more stuff into that cupboard now. I have added a few items already like my Cornflour and my Arrowroot, different yeasts, my dried Kale, Chives, Spinach powder. I need a step stool to get to the cupboards as I am now vertically challenged.  I was originally 5ft 5 inches but have lost three inches somewhere and at the last inspection, I was 5ft 2 inches.  Those inches make a heck of a difference.  Please note that I am not moaning, I am just stating what is as we all have our own challenges, some a lot bigger than others.  I just deal with the issues as best as I can and am grateful that they are not worse than they are.  I have found though that sometimes talking about things actually helps someone elsewhere, no matter how insignificant it is to you, it might mean a lot to them or offer another option on how to deal with things.  There is always something to learn and always something to share.

We had a duplicate meal tonight as per last night's tea.  No pudding this time though.  Tomorrow, we have homemade chips and the rest of the chicken to eat. I also need to make a couple of batches of homemade shortcrust pastry.  I do have Cornish style pasties to make, and I hope to get them made tomorrow. I will serve them as a dinner as I have a lot of fresh veg in the fridge to use up. I was going to make a batch of chicken stock today in the Ninja, however, I got side-tracked with something else.  I also have a pumpkin to roast in the Ninja, and then I shall make soup with the chicken stock and the pumpkin.  I shall at some point make another pudding, not sure what at the moment.  Might be something simple this time but will wait and see. If I can find my custard powder, it may be something with custard.  I know I have a tin somewhere! 

I do use a lot of dried milk powder for making porridge in the morning, and also various other puddings as well.  It is a good standby to have, as if you do not have enough milk in the fridge, you can still make an unplanned pudding to serve up for tea or dinner.

Right am off to watch some TV.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Trish, I have lost four inches, that was why the Drbsent me for an XRay and thy discovered Mt osteoporosis.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts