Friday Round Up

 It has been a busy day here today.  Lots of sorting going on in small doses finding craft work that needs completing and making a workable list. More washing, and drying going on, usual household stuff on what has been a cold day.  

The grill on my gas cooker is playing up and will not light.  Perversely, the small oven lights beautifully.  OH said that he will have a look to see what is going on with this. It is probably something simple.

I have sorted out my tumble drier as well, given it a good clean down, emptied the Condensor unit and given that a good clean out.  That is another good job off the list. It is a very good tumbler and soon gets things dry.  In the summer I bung everything out apart from undies.  I do not like them flapping on the line! In the winter though, I do not like damp washing around the house.  I do not mind airing it in the house, but no damp washing as it does not do my joints any good.  Oh for an Aga and a "Sheila Maid"!  That would solve the problem.

Missy's large stockpile of toys have been washed today as well.  They are just about to go into the tumbler so that she can play with them later on if she wants to.  

I have therefore prepared a cottage pie for tea this evening.  I have used my Souffle dish for this today.  I might use it again as it seems ideal for the job.  Felt we needed something substantial.  I am feeling the cold and we are only putting the heating on of an evening, for a little while.  I am wrapping up in thick jogging bottoms and thick jumpers and moving around a lot during the day. 




It was very tasty and went down a treat.

I am hoping to do a little baking either Sunday or Monday. I am thinking predominantly tea loaves, malt loaves or a light fruit cake.  Want to get some goodies in the tins for treats as well and make some puddings for during the week.

Talking of puddings, I quite fancy Apple Dumplings with mincemeat (homemade in the middle).  Might just have to have that tomorrow night with some custard.  I keep dried milk in the house for making custard in any event.  It is also used for other puddings as well.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts