Nursery Tea tonight

Based on buying in a few ingredients from the shop. OH fancied Fish Fingers for his tea and so this was prepared for him together with a couple of fried eggs and some baked beans.  Unfortunately, he could not get the Cod fish fingers.  I do not like the Omega 3 ones as a large part of what is in them is Coley.  I do not have fond memories from my past about this as Mum used to serve it and although I like fish I don't like Coley.  I think he now knows why I only buy the Cod ones!  He went to the shop and came back with them.





As himself was having something that he purportedly liked, I asked him to pick me up a pack of Chicken Dippers.  I do not mind these occasionally.  However I had it in mind to prepare them differently to what I normally do.   Very loosely based on a local pub meal that I used to have regularly when out and about meeting friends.  Which was a sweet and sour chicken served with sweet and sour sauce, rice and crisp little puffs of battered chicken together with some Prawn Crackers.  The batter was light and crisp, not sure it was a Tempura batter or not although I suspect it was.





I therefore cooked up some plain Basmati rice, and popped the chicken dippers into the oven to cook.  It made more of the Dippers than just serving them on their own with some sweet chilli sauce which is my normal way of doing them and made quite a filling meal.  Would do this again, however, next time will probably trial getting some chicken breast or thins and cooking them in a homemade Tempura batter with the sweet and sour sauce. 

There is always something you can do with a few ingredients just to make a scratch tea in a hurry.

That is tonight sorted out in any event.

I did over estimate on the Rice as usual.  There is some left over for tomorrow although I am not sure exactly what we are going to have tomorrow.  Will have to get my thinking hat on.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts