Clearing and cleaning

Today, has been a relatively busy day here however I do not seem to have made as much progress as I had hoped.  My arm is kicking off a bit, which is hampering me with lifting and doing stuff so am trying to tackle jobs that I can do just to get them out of the way with.

My computer/working desk has been cleared and wiped down today and I have re-organised the desk a little bit as I keep some of my books along the back edge of the desk at the moment. They have been dusted down too. Presently, I am going through a pile of paperwork just to get rid of as much of it as I can. Some of the paperwork is for recipes which I need for my folder and which need to be handwritten out again on my working pad for the kitchen.  I have started doing this in order that my books do not get messed up.  I don't mind a pad being mussed up but a book is a different kettle of fish.  The books are a bit all over the place at the moment (some in each room) and I really need to get them back into the front room eventually but that will be a little while off yet.

We have had a scratch tea this evening, due to the fact that I have been working away and was half-way through a job.  So grilled sausages and tinned tomatoes it was.  We tend to grill the sausages as they are very fatty and it helps get rid of some of the excess fat.  This is a very simple scratch tea where I used a tin of plum tomatoes and also a tin of chopped tomatoes, some white pepper liberally sprinkled through and a 1lb of thick fat sausages grilled (about 8).  After the sausages have coloured I add the tomatoes to the tray and cook until nice and hot.  Makes a tasty tea served with either plain bread or bread and butter to mop up the juices.  Something that my Mum used to do on a regular basis for a Saturday night tea.  Happy days.





All served up and ready to eat.




Makes a quick but tasty tea especially if you have things to do or places to go.

Right must get on.  No peace for the wicked!

Catch you soon.

Pattypan
x




Comments

  1. If you have a printer, wouldn't it be quicker to type up the recipes and print them off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes BB a lot quicker. No printer cartridges though, other things taking priority at the moment. Not always possible to do what would like to no matter that it is the easier option. However I am keeping a handwritten recipe folder as well. If I have the recipe typing can come much later on if necessary in tranches and would not take me as long to do as others. I have every intention of doing all my regular recipes in any event this way and then printing them off and putting them through an embossing machine to create recipe cards that will be wipe clean so that will be a bonus. Hope you are keeping well xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts